News Articles - Shared Services
Division Issues Guidance on Cap Relief & Opioid SettlementThe Division of Local Government Services issued Local Finance Notice 2023-04 announcing one-time exemptions to appropriation increases in excess of 3.5% for the CY2023/SFY2024 budget and guidance on usage and reporting Opioid Settlement Funds. Read on...
Local Finance Board Approves 2023 Appropriations Cap ExceptionsThe Local Finance Board Meeting has unanimously approved exceptions to the appropriation cap, granting relief for the 2023 budget year which included a dramatic rise in insurance costs for many municipalities. Read on...
- North Wildwood, Wildwood, and Wildwood Crest to seek state grant for feasibility study for shared fire/EMS services. Submitted to The Press of Atlantic City by Brian Cunniff, Borough of Wildwood Crest, Feb. 6, 2020
- Murphy Administration Announces Shares Services Agreements Milestone, a press release posted on DCA website February 5, 2020
- More New Jersey towns are trying to ease the pain of ’crippling’ property taxes by sharing services, The Philadelphia Inquirer, December 26, 2019.
- Shared Service Bill, S1, Posted on NJLM’s Legislative Backgrounder Blog: The Town Crier, February 21, 2018
- Lake Cuomo Police Department Closed and Contracted to Belmar, May 11, 2016
- Sea Bright Examines Whether to Consolidate with Neighboring Towns, June 4, 2014
- Despite Push by Christie and Other Officials, New Jersey Not Yet Embracing Municipal Government Consolidation: Support for Municipal Consolidation Has Declined Since 2010, Rutgers Eagleton Center for Public Interest Polling, April 22, 2014
- Bordentown Township Committee to Introduce Proposal to Share Lawn Maintenance With School District, June 24, 2013
- Galloway Township Approves Manager-Sharing Plan With Absecon, June 25, 2013
- Tax Assessment Improvement Program to Test at Shore, February 4, 2013
- To Fight Crime, a Poor City Will Trade In Its Police, September 28, 2012
- Two Municipalities Being Added to Shared Court in Clinton Township, September 26, 2012
- Camden County to Form Regional Police Department, New Jersey-Real Time News, August 2, 2011