Social Media Platforms Popular with Local Government Agencies
- Twitter: Sharing text, photos and videos; posts are limited to 140 characters.
- Facebook: An online community where users may share posts and follow the posts of others. Users may share text, photos and videos.
- LinkedIn: Typically more of a professional platform, users are able to share any kind of information, text, photos and videos. Good way for recruiting new employees.
- Instagram: A platform for sharing photos; great for tourism.
- You Tube: Platform for sharing videos.
- Nextdoor: A social network for connecting with a local community.
Resources on the Web
Connect with the League
Follow the League on social media to stay current with League information and events. We also share information and articles of interest to the State of New Jersey and local government. Follow us during Conference week using #njleague, all year for seminar announcements using #njlm and for NJ Municipalities magazine updates using #njmunicipalities.