- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
Please reach out to Senators Menendez and Booker and let them know that the Financial Data Transparency Act of 2022 will be costly and time-consuming and force an unfunded mandate on your municipality and urge them to keep this provision out of the NDAA. Read on...
During the Annual Rate Renewal meeting of the State Health Benefits Commission (SHBC), the trustees voted to approve a nearly 23% local government health insurance rate increase and a 21% increase in state employee health insurance rates. Read on...
The State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) Plan Design Committee met and the members were given an Overview of the Rate Setting Environment by AON, a risk management firm assisting the SHBP. Read on...