- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
Legislation that increases workers’ compensation contingency fees passed the Assembly Labor Committee. Read on...
Legislation that revises workers’ compensation coverage for certain injuries to volunteer and professional public safety and law enforcement personnel passed the Assembly Labor Committee. Read on...
The Division of Local Government Services (DLGS) has issued Local Finance Notices 2023-19 to address issues related to the CY 2024 municipal budget and the 1977 and 2010 cap laws. Read on...