The League is here to help local governments manage public health crises.
The Governor declared a State of Emergency and a Public Health Emergency initially on March 9, 2020, and has since issued a number of Executive Orders to flatten the curve of coronavirus. Now the Governor is guiding the State through recovery.
The State of New Jersey's COVID-19 information hub includes a wide variety of information on pandemic topics ranging from social gatherings to business reopening.
The website to pre-register for the vaccine.
This will allow the general public to pre-register for eligibility, and allow them to input their personal, contact, health insurance, and demographic information. It will also allow for individuals to schedule an appointment for those who are immediately eligible based on screening questions.
For more information on vaccines in the Garden State, the Department of Health's COVID-19 page features a Vaccine page.
For test site information, visit this rundown of COVID-19 testing centers
Resources & Information
Local and state officials, in consultation with federal officials as appropriate, and based on the scope of the COVID-19 outbreak and the severity of illness, have to make decisions on the implementation of interventions. Communities can take measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, coronavirus, including school dismissals, event cancellations, social distancing, and creating employee plans to work remotely.
- Sept. 2021 Mayors' Briefing with DLGS Director Suarez
- NJLM COVID-19 Weekly Updates
- Municipal Responses and operations
- Op-Ed June 15 NJ Spotlight by NJ Urban Mayors: One Size Does Not Fit All for Reopening Urban New Jersey
- Communication from the League of Municipalities
- NJLM COVID-19 Grants News Flash
- Munis Are Essential Press Conference with League Officials, Mayors, June 23, 2020
- Update on COVID-19 State and Local Update March 26, 2020, NJLM webinar presentation
- NJ Municipal Excess Liability Joint Insurance Fund (MEL JIF) COVID-19 resource centerGov. Issue EO 163 Outdoor MasksEO 153 Public Pools
- NJ Town Crier Blog posts on the pandemic
- American Rescue Plan Update
- Biden Announces New COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Gov. Murphy Announces COVID Mitigation Measures
- Gov. Murphy Issues EO 192
- DLGS Issues LFN on Recent Tax Collection and Tax Appeal Legislation
- DLGS Issues Guidance on Coronavirus Relief Bond Law
- Constitutional Amendment to Change the Legislative Redistricting Schedule if Census Data is Delayed
- Locations Providing Remote-Learning Supervision Services for Children
- Halloween Activities Can Proceed
- State FY21 Nine-Month Budget Goes to Governor
- Gov. Issues EO 177 Vote by Mail
- Gov. Issues EO 164 Temporarily Suspending Party Meetings
- EO 153 Public Pools
- Gov. Issues EO 152 Raising Limits
- Local Budgets Await Federal Lifeline
- Gov. Announces Multi-Stage Approach to Reopening
- Legislation: Timeframes and Deadlines During an Emergency
- July Primary Election to be Hybrid
- EO Expands Reopenings in Beaches, Lakes, and Parks
- League Joins NLC in Fight for Local Aid
- Gov. Signs Order Allowing Electronic Submission and Signature of Initiatives and Referenda
- Locals Looking for Support and Flexibility in Next Federal COVID Bill
- Gov. Signs Legislation Clarifying Filing & Payment Deadlines
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub; Travel Advisory out-of-state traveler registration form
- NJ Court closings state, county, and local court closing information center
- NJ Department of Banking & Insurance response to COVID-19, Bulletin to banking and insurance entities, Banking bulletin, Mortgage and loan servicers other regulated entities bulletin
- NJ Department of Children and Families guidance
- NJ Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Guidance for Remote Public Meetings in New Jersey,
- DLGS Guidance For Property Tax Interest Rate Reduction
- DLGSHealth Emergency Public Meeting Guidance and Emergency Procurement Guidance
- Division of Fire Safety Bureau of Fire Code Enforcement COVID-19 Concerns
- NJ Department of Consumer Affairs Resources for Consumers
- NJ Department of Education requirements for public health-related school closures
- NJ Department of Environmental Protection Mask Up Program & Materials
- NJ Department of Health
- NJ Department of Human Servicesregarding testing payments
- NJ Department of Labor
- NJ Department of Law & Public Safety
- NJ Department of Treasury
- NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits, SHBP/SEHBP COVID-19 Response
- NJ Office of the Attorney General
- NJ Office of the GovernorYouTube Channel with coronavirus press conferences
- NJ State Library
- NJ EDA
- NJ Government Records Council
- NJ Job Portal to connect out-of-work residents with opportunities in critical industries.
- NJ MVC Agency,
- January 2022 U.S. Treasury SLFRF Final Rule Overview
- January 2022 U.S. Treasury SLFRF Final Rule Webinar slides
- American Rescue Plan guidance
- Census Bureau COVID:19 Demographic and Economic Resources
- CDC-Response page what you should know, information, and situation updates
- CDC Communication Resources Free resources including video, fact sheets, and posters available for use and distribution
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting
- FAQs and Answers and downloadable workplace, school, and home guidance.
- Face covering guidance
- Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Justice Report COVID-19 Fraud
- Department of Treasury
Guidance for Local Officials:
NLC Survey Results on how residents are feeling about local, state, and federal response to COVID-19.
Response Resources for Local Leaders from the National League of Cities
Memorandum on identification of essential critical infrastructure workers during COVID-19 response from Christopher C. Krebs, Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Department of Homeland Security.
Polling Locations Recommended Precautions for Preventing Spread of COVID-19 in Election Polling Locations, including Cleaning and Disinfection
Sustainable Jersey 2020 Certification cycle changes
EMS & 911 Interim Guidance for EMS Systems and 911 Public Safety Answering Points for COVID-19 in the United States
Risk Assessment Assessing & Managing Risk Based on Different Exposures to COVID-19
State Quarantine & Isolation Statutes from National Conference of State Legislatures
OSHA & COVID-19 OSHA issues pertaining to coronavirus from Genova Burns
Community Transportation Association of America COVID-19 Resource Center