Budgeting for the Elected Official: Everything you Need to Know to Create, Balance, and Approve Your Municipalities’ Budget
Saturday, February 24, 2018
The Conference Center at Mercer
1200 Old Trenton Rd
West Windsor, NJ 08550
Registration Form - WORD or PDF
Creating and approving a feasible budget is one of the most important tasks of an Elected Official. It is also one of the most complex and time consuming tasks. To aide in this endeavor, the League has created a special half day program geared towards Elected Officials to help them in understanding the Municipal Budgeting Process. The day will be broken into four parts that include:
- Budget Law Overview-
- A look at the laws that you must follow to set-up and pass a budget
- What is Budgeting and Why is it Important?-
- The practical application and understanding the purpose of a budget
- History of State Aid and Other Issues –
- A look at how State Aid, State Mandates, and other issues impact your Municipal Budget
- Planning for the Future-
- How to utilize a Trend Analysis and create a 5 year Budget Projection,
- Understanding what a surplus means
Please join us for this informative program!
- Jason Gabloff, Past President, Government Finance Officers Association of NJ
- Jon Rheinhardt, Administrator/Chief Financial Officer, Borough of Wharton
- Mayor William J. Chegwidden, Mayor Borough of Wharton, NJLM Executive Board Member
REGISTRATION FEE: Member: $75.00* Non-Member: $100.00
*MUNICIPAL: Includes Municipalities, State, County, Local Governments and Municipal Utility Authorities.
-Click the link for the Registration form.
-Download registration form, complete and fax it with your voucher to (609) 695-0151
Questions about registering – contact Suzanne Delany SDelany@njslom.com or
609-695-3481 extn 111
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER OR CANCELLATION: We will announce emergency seminar or webinar cancellations via recorded announcement on our Weather Hotline: 609-695-3481 ext. 200 and post announcements on our website www.njslom.org Facebook page facebook.com/njleague, and Twitter @NJ_League after 6:00am on the morning of the meeting.