The NJLM and NJAPZA Present
“Inherently Beneficial Uses Under the MLUL: What are They and How Are They Treated?”
June 8, 2017
Location: Your Computer
Registration Form - WORD or PDF
What Happens after you register for an NJLM webinar
CEU credit for webinars
New Jersey’s Municipal Land Use Law (N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.) pays special attention to “inherently beneficial uses,” defined as those that fundamentally serve the public good and promote the general welfare. This one-hour webinar will review the relevant statutory language and case law that help to explain this use class, which includes schools, hospitals, and nursing homes. The standards by which zoning boards of adjustment must evaluate “d” variance applications involving inherently beneficial uses will be discussed in detail, including the Sica balancing test.
11:00a.m.-12:00p.m. -Webinar Topic and Discussion
- Meryl Gonchar, Esq, Sills, Cummis & Gross P.C.
- Brian Slaugh, P.P./AICP, Clarke Caton Hintz
REGISTRATION FEE: Member Rate: $35.00* Non-Member:$45.00
*Member rate applies to: Municipalities, State, County, and Municipal Utilities & Authorities.
- Visit the Seminar Calendar on the League website at: www.njslom.org/seminars
- Download the Registration Form
- Fill out the form and either e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 609-695-0151*
- (3)Three Business Days before the webinar attendees will be sent an e-mail confirmation from “GoToWebinar” with a personalized link that will allow them to log in to the webinar at the appointed time. If you do not receive this link, please contact the League at 609-695-3481.
- At the scheduled time of the webinar, the attendee will click the link provided in the confirmation e-mail and will be automatically directed to the virtual classroom.
Please note, in order to connect to the webinar, you may be required you to install the GoToWebinar Codec. To do this, hit “run” or “launch “when prompted and the codec will automatically install.
- Please note, attendees must sign on to the webinar at the specified time. Any attendee that signs in after the start of the webinar may not be eligible for credit.
*For last minute registrations a faxed or e-mailed copy of the check or PO is acceptable.
Cancellations will be accepted until 4:00p.m. three (3) business days prior to the scheduled webinar. Cancellations must be in writing. After the Cancellation Deadline there are no refunds.
If you are unable to participate in the webinar and you would like to transfer your registration to someone else, you must Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 609-695-0151:
- Name and title of attendee being substituted
- Name and title of new attendee
- Date and title of webinar
If you have any questions on substitutions please contact Suzanne at 609-695-3481 ext 111
CEU’s: Planning Board/Zoning Board Secretary-1.0, Land Use Administrator-1.0, and Zoning Official- 1.0; CPWM-1.0 Govt; RMC-1.0 Prof Devel: NJCLE-1.2
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER OR CANCELLATION: We will announce emergency seminar or webinar cancellations via recorded announcement on our Weather Hotline: 609-695-3481 ext. 200 and post announcements on our website www.njslom.org , Facebook page facebook.com/njleague, and Twitter @NJ_League after 6:00am on the morning of the meeting.