League Professional Development Webinar
“Bail Reform: What It Means for Your Municipality Webinar”
April 28, 2017
Location: Your Computer
Registration Form - WORD or PDF
What Happens after you register for an NJLM webinar
CEU credit for webinars
On January 2, 2017, New Jersey’s Bail Reform and Speedy Trial Act went into effect. While the reform is likely to be a net positive for criminal defendants, it has and will continue to add to costs to municipalities and counties, not the least of which is increased overtime. The speakers will explain how law enforcement agencies are affected by the reform with respect to manpower, and solutions that have been used by certain departments to defray costs. Finally, the speakers will examine the negotiability under PERC and other legal ramifications of proposed changes associated with amending practices to save taxpayer dollars while still complying with the bail reform law.
11:00a.m -12:15p.m. -Seminar Topic and Discussion
-Jonathan F. Cohen, Esq.,Managing Partner, Plosia Cohen LLC
-Dr. Michael S. Zarro Jr., Chief of Police, Borough of Spotswood
REGISTRATION FEE: Member Rate: $35.00* Non-Member: $45.00
*Member rate applies to: Municipalities, State, County, and Municipal Utilities & Authorities.
- Visit the Seminar Calendar on the League website at www.njslom.org/seminars
- Download the Registration Form
- Fill out the form and either e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 609-695-0151*
- (3)Three Business Days before the webinar attendees will be sent an e-mail confirmation from “GoToWebinar” with a personalized link that will allow them to log in to the webinar at the appointed time. If you do not receive this link, please contact the League at 609-695-3481.
- At the scheduled time of the webinar, the attendee will click the link provided in the confirmation e-mail and will be automatically directed to the virtual classroom.
Please note, in order to connect to the webinar, you may be required you to install the GoToWebinar Codec. To do this, hit “run” or “launch “when prompted and the codec will automatically install.
- Please note, attendees must sign on to the webinar at the specified time. Any attendee that signs in after the start of the webinar may not be eligible for credit.
*For last minute registrations a faxed or e-mailed copy of the check or PO is acceptable.
Cancellations will be accepted until 4:00p.m. three (3) business days prior to the scheduled webinar. Cancellations must be in writing. After the Cancellation Deadline there are no refunds.
If you are unable to participate in the webinar and you would like to transfer your registration to someone else, you must Email the following information to email@example.com or fax to 609-695-0151:
- Name and title of attendee being substituted
- Name and title of new attendee
- Date and title of webinar
If you have any questions on substitutions please contact Suzanne at 609-695-3481 ext 111
CEUs: CMFO-1.5 Fin/Debt; CCFO-1.5 Fin/Debt or 1.5County Fiscal Ops; RMC-1.5 Fin; CPA-1.5 Fin
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER OR CANCELLATION: We will announce emergency seminar or webinar cancellations via recorded announcement on our Weather Hotline: 609-695-3481 ext. 200 and post announcements on our website www.njslom.org , Facebook page facebook.com/njleague, and Twitter @NJ_League after 6:00am on the morning of the meeting.