Don’t MISS OUT REGISTER NOW!
“Executive Leadership Training for Mayor’s and Council Presidents:
Leading Through Difficult Times”
Saturday February 23, 2013
The Conference Center at Mercer
1200 Old Trenton Rd
West Windsor, NJ 08550
Registration Form (WORD / PDF)
The Executive Leadership Training Program is designed to provide Mayors and Council Presidents with the much needed training and direction to help manage their municipalities and constituents. This training combines both traditional classroom teaching, real world examples, and open forums. Mayors will be able to interact with each panel and network with each other to create new solutions for the problems they face on a daily basis.
Registration, networking and continental breakfast
Words of Welcome
- Mayor Janice S. Mironov, Mayor of East Windsor Township, League President
“Ask DLGS”-BRING YOUR QUESTIONS!
- A special interactive experience with Tom Neff, Director, Division of Local Government Services. He will be prepared to address any issues or concerns that are particular to your municipality!
Morning Panel-“Developing Your Professional Staff”
Speakers on this panel include representatives from:
- The Tax Collectors and Treasurers Association (TCTANJ)
- Government Finance Officers(GFOA)
- New Jersey Municipal Management Association(NJMMA)
- New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys(NJILGA)
- Municipal Clerks Association of New Jersey (MCANJ).
Mayor’s and Council Presidents Panel Discussion-
”Leading through Difficult Times-Personal Stories and Reflections”
- This panel, lead by Mayor Suzanne Walters, Mayor of Stone Harbor, and League 1st Vice President, will feature a group of Mayors and Council Presidents who will share their personal experiences on the challenges of running a municipality and how they persevered.
Ethics and Civility
- William Kearns, Jr, Esq, League General Counsel, will present on the topic Ethics and Civility. His presentation will feature case studies and discussion.
REGISTRATION FEE: Member Rate: $115.00* Non-Member: $130.00
*Member rate applies to: Municipalities, State, County, and Municipal Utilities & Authorities.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER OR CANCELLATION: We will announce emergency seminar cancellations via recorded announcement on our Weather Hotline: 609-695-3481 ext. 200 and post announcements on our website www.njslom.org after 6:00am on the morning of the meeting.
-Visit www.njslom.org and click on Services
-Select Calendar of Events, Go to the date you are attending
-Download registration form, complete and fax it with your voucher to (609) 695-0151
Questions about registering – contact Suzanne Delany SDelany@njslom.com or
609-695-3481 extn 111