|October 29, 2008
Important New Information from the Division of Local Government Services
We would like to draw your attention to some important new information on the website of the Division of Local Government Services.
1. Authority and Fire District Budgets: The Division of Local Government Services has posted budget documents for Fire Districts, Local Authorities, and Housing Authorities. The documents and the associated Local Finance Notices, 2008-17 and 2008-18 are on the Division website at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/authreg/authmenu.shtml.
2. Local Government Energy Audit Grant Program: The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities has announced the launch of a new program aimed at assisting local governments in identifying opportunities for energy efficiency. The Local Government Energy Audit Program is open to public buildings owned by local government agencies and will provide funding for investment-grade energy audits from one of five pre-qualified energy auditing firms. All local governments located within the service territory of at least one of New Jersey's public utility companies are eligible. Details and examples outlining the incentive payment process are provided on the New Jersey Clean Energy Program Web site at www.NJCleanEnergy.com/ssb.
3. Information Technology Contracting: Organizations that have extended IT service contracts pursuant to Local Finance Notice 2008-16
(www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/08lfns/2008-16.doc) that have not filed their Contract Extension Certification should do so immediately in order to comply with the contract. Local units using the Mini-Micro contract that have not reviewed that Notice, should do so immediately. It covers important information about State IT Services Contracts and the soon-to-expire State Mini-Micro Contract.
4. Cyber Security Awareness: Governor Corzine has signed a proclamation declaring October 2008 as Cyber Security Awareness month. To commemorate the month, the New Jersey OIT has created a website with information from the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC). These cyber security tips are available at www.nj.gov/njinfosecure/local/, a site developed and maintained by OIT's Statewide Office of Information Security (SOIS).
5. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released October 15, 2008. This issue can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2008_1015.pdf.
If you have any questions or concerns about this communication, please contact Deborah M. Kole, Staff Attorney, at the League, Ex. 137, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.