New Hersey State of Muncicipalities FacebookTwitter Linkedin with NJSLOM       





   

October 24, 2008

Re:      BPU Releases Government Energy Audit Program

Dear Mayor:

On behalf of the NJLM Mayors' Committee for a Green Future, we wanted to inform you about an exciting new opportunity to go green and save money. The NJBPU has just released the details of its new funding program for municipal energy audits.
Please see the details below.

Some of the funds have been reserved for municipalities that participate in Green and Sustainability planning efforts such as our new Green Future Roadmap which will be unveiled at the NJLM annual conference on November 19. See the League website, or http://www.njssi.org/projects.asp?Level2ItemID=60, for details.

The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities has announced the launch of a new program aimed at assisting local governments in identifying opportunities for energy efficiency.  The Department of Community Affairs, the NJ State League of Municipalities, and other state agencies cooperated with the NJ BPU in finalizing details of the program, which provides funding for investment-grade energy audits from one of five pre-qualified energy auditing firms.

The program is open to public buildings owned by local government agencies, municipal and county governments, local and regional authorities, boards of education, and county colleges.  Public buildings must be owned by the government agency including, but not limited to, offices, courtrooms, town halls, police and fire stations, sanitation buildings, transportation structures, schools and community centers.  All local governments located within the service territory of at least one of New Jersey’s public utility companies are eligible.

If your application is approved, the Program will subsidize 75% of the cost of the energy audit. The remaining 25% of the energy audit cost will also be paid by the Program if the net investment of installed recommended energy efficiency measures meets or exceeds the remaining energy audit cost. Details and examples outlining the incentive payment process are provided at the New Jersey Clean Energy Program Web site. NJCleanEnergy.com/ssb

Very truly yours,

William G. Dressel, Jr.
Executive Director

 

Privacy Statement | NJLM FAQ
New Jersey State League of Municipalities • 222 West State Street • Trenton, NJ 08608 • (609) 695-3481
  FAX: (609) 695-0151