September 16, 2009
We are pleased to report that a new sustainability movement is transforming New Jersey—one community at a time. Since March 2009, over 227 municipalities have taken significant steps towards developing a more sustainable future. As of September 18, the first group of municipalities will have applied for certification through the Sustainable Jersey program. It’s now time to celebrate the first year of the program and recognize municipalities that have registered, achieved certification and demonstrated outstanding achievement.
We invite you to come to the 94th Annual League Conference in November and join us for lunch, or better yet for three days of informative sessions and opportunities to learn from some of the leading innovators and practitioners in sustainable initiatives. We encourage you to bring your brightest people with you. You and they will see that you have interesting new choices and that you almost certainly will be able to put some of these good ideas to work in your community. And, as sustainability is now emerging as a major election issue with the voters, it becomes increasingly more valuable to learn about Sustainable Jersey and the opportunities to go green, control costs and save money.
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY LUNCHEON at the League Conference
Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 12 Noon – 1:30 PM
Sheraton Hotel in The Crown Ball Room, 2nd Floor, Atlantic City, New Jersey
Please join us in honoring all municipal leaders and the Green Team volunteers who are helping to make their communities and our State national leaders in sustainability.
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY WORKSHOP SESSIONS at the League Conference*
- Tue. 11/17: Ten Sustainable Jersey Expert Tables: Ask questions of leading experts on Sustainable Jersey actions
- Tue. 11/17: Sustainable Jersey: Grants, Incentives and Funding for Municipalities
- Wed. 11/18: Sustainable Jersey: What’s New for 2010 Program Updates
- Thur. 11/19: Sustainability Jersey: Local Leadership and Innovation – Riding the Green Wave
- Thur. 11/19: Sustainable Jersey: Beyond City Hall– Strategies, Resources, and Financial Incentives for Engaging Your Community
- Thur. 11/19: Sustainable Jersey: Private Sector Support for Municipalities, Municipal Support for Local Economies
- Thur. 11/19: Sustainable Jersey: Hot Topics and Emerging Issues
* See flyer for more information.
We look forward to seeing you in Atlantic City. If you have any questions, go to www.njslom.org – 94th Annual League Conference or www.SustainableJersey.com.
William G. Dressel, Jr. Fred Profeta
Executive Director, NJ League of Municipalities Chair, Mayors Committee for a Green Future