May 29, 2009
Re: Free Help with Energy Efficiency Conservation Block Grant Applications
The NJBPU and Rutgers are offering free assistance with Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants applications. Municipalities that are receiving direct formula Block Grants must have their applications in by June 25, 2009.
These grants are funded through the federal stimulus money. See FAQ’s on this program at http://www.state.nj.us/recovery/faq/bpu.html#7
A team from Rutgers University’s E.J. Bloustein School of Planning and Policy is coordinating with the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities to help municipalities complete their Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Applications and Strategies. A series of free hands-on workshops/information sessions will be held between now and June 25 to help municipalities prepare their applications and strategies.
These workshops will help municipalities in any stage of the application process.
The sessions are free and will accomplish the following:
- Answer specific questions and help EECBG recipients complete their applications. Feel free to bring your laptop and/or actual draft application.
- Review services and assistance to municipalities from the NJBPU and Rutgers.
- Provide the latest information on resources, requirements, etc for the EECBGs.
- Provide a venue for sharing ideas and information.
- Help municipalities and counties complete solid applications by June 25.
Workshops/Information Sessions –Workshops will be held at the Bloustein School in New Brunswick from 10 a.m. to 1p.m. unless otherwise noted.
June 1, 2009 (Trenton Office of NJBPU 44 S. Clinton Ave) June 11, 2009 2-5 p.m. BPU in Newark
June 4, 2009 June 15, 2009 2-5 p.m.
June 8, 2009 June 18, 2009
June 23, 2009
For questions on these sessions, or for questions on NJBPU programs, contact Peg Gallos at the NJBPU, 973-648-2134 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on Rutgers Services contact Patricia Ruby, 732-932-5475 x 551 or email@example.com.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.