April 13, 2009
Re: Important New Information from the
Division of Local Government Services
1. The Division of Local Government Services has started mailing 2009
Financial Disclosure Statements (FDS). Local Finance Notice 2009-8
(www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/09lfns/2009-8.doc) will accompany the forms. The Notice includes information about changes to the filing requirements for newly elected and appointed officers. The rosters were revised last year to include sections for each category of officers or employees that are required to file and must be completed accordingly. The 2009 FDS forms and roster documents can be downloaded from www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/ethics/ethcmenu.shtml.
2. The recent Mortgage Stabilization and Relief Act (PL 2008, c.127) created new responsibilities and authority for municipalities, municipal clerks and mortgage holders engaged in foreclosure facilities. The Division is currently working with the Department of Banking and Insurance and the mortgage industry to resolve questions concerning section 17 of the Act.
That section provides:
1) That a creditor would have to provide a foreclosure notice to the
municipality - in addition to the homeowner.
2) That if the property is an affordable unit under the Fair Housing Act, the creditor would have to identify it as such.
3) For municipalities to require lenders to address code violations on
properties that they are foreclosing on.
3. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications
recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released April 8, 2009. It can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2009_0408.pdf.
If you have any questions or concerns about this communication, please contact Deborah M. Kole, Staff Attorney, at the League, Ex. 137, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.