April 3, 2009
Re: Free Seminar on New State Energy Conservation Initiatives
Join the League, the Board of Public Utilities, the Division of Local Government Services, and the Sustainable Jersey Program on April 15, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. to learn how new State energy conservation initiatives can help your municipality. This seminar is free, and will be held at the New Brunswick Hyatt.
At this important session local officials can learn about important initiatives, incentives, and financing options for energy conservation, use of renewable sources such as solar power, and other initiatives to reduce energy and supporting the environment. Specifically, the session will cover:
• The BPU Local Government Energy Audit Program and BPU Energy Savings Incentive Programs
• Power Purchase Agreements for Renewables (c.83, PL 2008) - how to obtain solar power for no capital cost
• Energy Savings Improvement Program (c. 4, PL 2009) - pay for energy efficiency capital improvements by using savings is use to pay for the
• Introduction to Sustainable Jersey - community efforts to reduce energy and improve the environment.
• BPU CleanPower Community Partners - join a program to promote energy efficiency in your organization and community
Learn about these new tools that can save money, reduce energy costs and use, and improve the quality of life in your community. Click WORD or PDF for the registration form. More than one person per municipality can attend. Please share this with appropriate individuals in your organization. Fax the registration form to
Do not miss this opportunity to benefit your community at no cost.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.