|March 25, 2008
Important New Information from the Division of Local Government Services
We would like to draw your attention to some important new information on the website of the Division of Local Government Services.
1. The Division of Local Government Services released two new Local Finance Notices related to CY 2008 county and municipal budgets. They should be reviewed immediately by local budget officials. All documents are available on the Local Finance Notice webpage at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs. They include the following documents:
Local Finance Notice 2008-6 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/08lfns/2008-6.doc) is a description of important CY 2008 Property Tax Levy Cap procedure changes.
Municipal CY 2008 Property Levy Cap Calculation Workbook Version 1-1 is to be used for all CY 2008 budgets that have not yet been filed with the Division (part of LFN 2008-6)
Local Finance Notice 2008-7 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/08lfns/2008-7.doc) contains supplemental CY 2008 budget guidance, specifically addressing the new Defined Contribution Retirement System and Supplemental Fire Service Payments to Fire Districts.
2. The Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control has announced this year's policy for filing of Ad Interim Permit applications. These permits must be hand delivered to the Division at 140 E. Front Street, Trenton. The Division will not be accepting initial Ad Interim Permit applications via mail. Please call the Division at 609-984-2830 with any questions concerning this policy.
3. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released March 12, 2008. It is online at http://www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2008_0312.pdf.
4. Did your municipality receive its CY 2007 Municipal Homeland Security Aid payment? There are still a few municipalities that have not completed THE SURVEY to receive their payment. Please go to www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/muniaid/07_aid/homelandsecurityaidpaid.shtml for the list of all payees and payment dates. The survey and instructions can be found at www.state.nj.us/911/survey.html. Contact John Cusack at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 633-0121 with questions.
5. The Division of Local Government Services has completed mailing 2008 Financial Disclosure Statements (FDS). The 2008 FDS forms and roster documents (Word and Excel versions) can be downloaded from www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/ethics/ethcmenu.shtml.
If you have any questions or concerns about this communication, please contact Deborah M. Kole, Staff Attorney, at the League, Ex. 137, or at email@example.com
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.