|March 11, 2008
Important New Information from the Division of Local Government Services
We would like to draw your attention to some important new information on the website of the Division of Local Government Services.
1. The League and Governor Corzine's Office have scheduled a briefing for communities with populations over 10,000 that face cuts in Consolidated Municipal Property Tax Relief Act (CMPTRA) funding. The meeting will take place on Thursday, March 13, 2008, from 9:00 a.m. to Noon at the War Memorial Building in Trenton. An RSVP is requested.
Registration and additional details are on the League's website at www.njslom.org/budget-briefing-greater-10k.html.
2. Local Finance Notice 2008-5 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/08lfns/2008-5.doc) provides local officials important information about Municipal State Aid as proposed by Governor Corzine for the State's FY 2009 budget. State Aid Certifications for each municipality are posted at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/muniaid/aidmenu.shtml. This posting is an advisory for SFY municipalities; a final posting will be made once the State's budget is finalized at the end of June. In addition, 2007 Property Tax information is now posted at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/taxes/taxmenu.shtml.
3. CY 2007 Municipal Homeland Security Aid payments were sent to (49) 9-1-1 Survey respondents for deposit on March 3, 2008. The list of all payees and payment dates can be viewed at: www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/muniaid/07_aid/homelandsecurityaidpaid.shtml. The remaining (40) municipalities MUST STILL COMPLETE THE SURVEY to receive their payment. The survey and instructions can be found at www.state.nj.us/911/survey.html. Contact John Cusack at email@example.com of at (609) 633-0121 with questions.
4. The Division of Local Government Services has started mailing 2008 Financial Disclosure Statements (FDS). Municipalities should expect to receive their FDS package within the next two weeks. The 2008 FDS forms and roster documents (Word and Excel versions) can be downloaded from www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/ethics/ethcmenu.shtml.
5. NJ Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (HMFA) and DCA have announced a new homeownership program for municipalities! Live Where You Work (LWYW) is a new homebuyer incentive program. For information, please visit www.livewhereyouwork.nj.gov or contact Michael Gumpert at 609-278-7411.
6. The NJRA Redevelopment Training Institute (NJRA RTI) offers intensive intermediate-level training modules and one-day workshops that focus on the redevelopment of New Jersey's communities. For more information, visit http://www.njra.us/rti.
7. On March 17, the New Jersey State Industrial Safety Committee in Partnership with the N J Department of Labor and the N J State Safety Council will be hosting a seminar on Pandemic Influenza. Seminar details and registration form are available at http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/forms_pdfs/lsse/njsiscseminar.pdf.
If you have any questions or concerns about this communication, please contact Deborah M. Kole, Staff Attorney, at the League, Ex. 137, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.