ARTICLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
New Jersey Municipalities, the magazine of the New Jersey State League of Municipalities, is published every month, except for July, August and September. The 9,317 circulation consists of New Jersey municipal officials and staff, state-level officials and staff, and professionals interested in local government issues.
1. Articles can be from 800 to 1,800 words. The average length is 1,200 words.
2. The deadline is usually the 20th of the month two months before publication. (e.g. October 20th for the December issue) The exceptions are the deadline for the October issue, August 10, the November deadline, September 15 and the February deadline, December 15. If the date falls on the weekend or a holiday, you have until the next working day.
3. Please e-mail your submission to NJM@NJSLOM.com as an attached file. We prefer Microsoft Word documents.
4. Please provide a name for the byline and a one sentence bio of the author. We prefer that municipal articles are bylined by the mayor. Also send a high resolution (100KB+) photo of the author or authors.
5. Nearly all articles in our magazine include photos. Please mail them and include captions. We can use color, black and white or slides. Digital images should be j-pegs, .bmp or tifs and at least 300 dpi., with a file size of over 100KB (If you can’t supply a photo, we will try to find a general shot from our stock photography.)
6. Try to include figures, charts or graphs. Please e-mail them.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call Managing Editor Kyra Duran (Ext. 123) or League Executive Director Bill Dressel (Ext.122) at 609-695-3481 or e-mail us at NJM@NJSLOM.com.