September 20, 2010
Re: REGISTER NOW - LEAGUE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
“TAKING THE MYSTERY OUT OF APPLYING FOR GRANTS”
Tuesday September 28, 2010
8:30 to Noon
Crowne Plaza Monroe
390 Forsgate Dr, Monroe Twp
Form (WORD / PDF)
Many communities are fraught with making difficult decisions due to the slow economy and tighter budgets. Are you having to make the hard choice not to replace the fire truck or repair main street? Do not despair. There are other avenues in which a municipality can still provide these and other services that they need without sacrificing essential services. One of these avenues is grant funding.
If you want to learn the practical ways to win, and not just write grants for your community, this seminar is for you. This hands-on program will teach you the four phases of the grant process using real examples from award winning grants. This workshop will also help you understand the broader concept of grants as well as the concrete step-by-step process to construct a high quality grant application, such as:
- Viewing grants from the perspective of the funders and utilize that knowledge to determine your organization’s best opportunities
- Working with stakeholders to properly plan and develop a grant project concept
- Taking the mystery out of grant writing by following straight-forward, step-by-step instructions that have the greatest impact on the grant readers
- And how to use strategies for monitoring your grant submission as well as understanding next steps if you are awarded the grant.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.- Registration, Continental Breakfast and Networking
9:00 a.m. Noon- Topic discussion with Q&A
Presenter: Tammy Wetzel, Triad Associates: “Understanding the ARRA and New Updates & Grant Basics”
Registration: Member Rate: $75.00* Non Member: $100.00
* Member rate applies to: Municipalities, State, County, and Municipal Utilities & Authorities
-Visit www.njslom.org and click on Services
-Select Calendar of Events, Go to the date you are attending
-Download the registration form, complete and fax it to (609) 695-0151
Questions about registering – contact Suzanne Delany SDelany@njslom.com or 609-695-3481 ext. 111.
CEU’s –CMFO/CCFO 3.0 FIN/DEBT MGMT; RMC 3.0 FIN; CRP 3.0; CPA 3.0 FIN