June 4, 2010
Re: Investment Forum on Food Waste Recycling
Rutgers University is hosting a forum on the possibilities of investing in food waste recycling. The League is an institutional sponsor of the Investment Forum, and believes this is an important issue for local governments.
The products which can be made from food waste represent every day, necessary products—fuel and energy products and soil amendments/fertilizers. All of these products can be made locally.
Food waste recycling is becoming a national trend, which those businesses that generate food waste are eager to embrace. Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the world, is planning to roll out a 50 state food waste recycling program for its stores by the end of this year
Municipal (League Member) registration is $25.00.
Here are the steps to register . . .
- Go to http://swrrg.rutgers.edu/
- Right side, under “News” NJ First Food Waste Investment Forum
- Scroll down and click on “more information and to register”
- This page has links for agenda, and ways to register: mail or fax (checks); online (credit card only)
- Click on selected method of registration.
OR to “cut to the chase” and use your credit card . . .
If you have any questions contact Priscilla Hayes at 732-932-9155, x233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.