March 2, 2010
Re: Changes to the DLG Website
The following changes have taken place on the Division of Local Government website.
1. Municipal Information Sheets Available Online: The Division of Local Government Services has posted Municipal Information Sheets for 2010. The sheets can be downloaded from:
2. The Division of Taxation is in the process of mailing applications for the 2009 property tax reimbursement (PTR) program to senior citizens and disabled residents who may be eligible. The deadline for filing the applications is June 1, 2010. Citizen inquiries can be made by calling
800-882-6597 or e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Local Finance Notice 2010-6, "Review of New Local Financial and General Government Laws - February 2010" covers laws enacted at the end of the last Legislative Session. The Notice
(www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/10lfns/2010-06.doc) discusses a variety of new laws affecting municipal clerks, finance officers, tax collectors, and other officials. Please review it and share it with other officials as appropriate to your organization.
4. The New Jersey State League of Municipalities is hosting 3 seminars
(www.njslom.org/seminars.html) on Budget Updates from 9:30am - 1:30pm.
- Holmdel on March 4, 2010 at the PNC Bank Arts Center
- Cherry Hill on March 11, 2010 at the Cherry Hill Library
- Paramus on March 31, 2010 at Bergen County Community College At this seminar, attendees will:
- Review Local Finance Notices and review recent policies and regulations.
- Get an update on CY 2010 budget issues and any legislation that may affect them.
- Understand the current requirements and how the levy cap works.
- Gain knowledge on how to apply for budget cap waivers.
- Review current issues affecting finance officers.
Speakers include: Marc Pfeiffer, Deputy Director DLGS, and Christine Zapicchi, Bureau Chief DLGS CEU's have been approved. Please share this with appropriate staff in your organization.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.