June 19, 2017
Re: MAYORS’ HALL OF FAME FINAL REMINDER
Dear Mayor and Governing Body Member:
We need your help to identify some very special mayors for the Mayors Hall of Fame.
Once again, the New Jersey State League of Municipalities Executive Board wants to pay tribute to you at the Annual League Conference in November if you are currently a mayor who has served a total of ten years as mayor. Mayors who rotate into office are eligible for this recognition.
In a special ceremony at the Mayors’ Box Luncheon and Executive Briefing during the Annual League Conference, I will make a special presentation to those mayors who meet the following criteria:
- You must currently be serving as mayor.
- You must currently be serving in at least your 10th cumulative year as mayor for the Silver level
- You must currently be serving in at least your 20th cumulative year as mayor for the Gold level
- You must currently be serving in at least your 30th cumulative year as mayor for the White level
- You must not be a current member of the League’s Mayors Hall of Fame (this does not apply to silver level mayors now eligible for the gold level; or Gold who are eligible for White)
These recipients will then be inducted into the New Jersey League of Municipalities Mayors’ Hall of Fame and their picture will appear in the January 20018 issue of New Jersey Municipalities magazine.
With your help we can identify and recognize all mayors currently serving in their tenth or twentieth year as mayor. Please contact the League office if you, or any currently serving mayor you know of, fit the above criteria. A list of current members of the Mayors’ Hall of Fame may be reviewed at the League web site http://www.njslom.org/hallfame.html
Complete the attached form (link at Word or PDF ) and fax it to the League office by August 11, 2017. If you have questions, call me at 609-695-3481 extension 116.
Thank you very much for your help in identifying these mayors for special recognition.
Michael J. Darcy, CAE