January 20, 2015
Re: New Content on DLGS Web Site
The Division of Local Government Service’s has posted the following new content on their website:
1. Reminder: UCC Annual Report: Chief Financial Officers are reminded that the NJ Uniform Construction Code Regulations – N.J.A.C. 5:23-4.17 (b) - require Calendar Year municipalities to file a report that accurately portrays the receipts and expenses of the local enforcing agency for code enforcement purposes. The UCC Annual Report fulfills this requirement, and serves as a basis of changes (if any) in the UCC fee ordinance and staffing needs for the next year. Chief Financial Officers can log into the form site at http://fs2.formsite.com/njdca/uccrpt/form_login.html to complete the UCC Annual report and submit to the Department of Community Affairs no later than February 10, 2015. For questions or assistance, please e-mail the Office of Regulatory Affairs at email@example.com.
2. State Library Per Capita Aid (PCSA) Application: The Application for State Library Aid (Per Capita) is now available on the State Library's website. Please visit www.njstatelib.org/services_for_libraries/resources/per_capita_state_aid/ and look under the heading "Data Year 2014" for the Application, Instructions and Cover Letter. The due date for Application submission is March 15, 2015. For questions, please call Bob Keith at 609-278-2640 ext. 192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Seminar for Elected Officials: The New Jersey League of Municipalities will be hosting an "Orientation for Newly Elected, Re-elected or Experienced Municipal Officials" on February 7, 2015 at the Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, Rutherford, NJ 07070. Newly elected officials will get a thorough overview of their major areas of responsibility, key contact at the State level, and important sources of information and assistance. Re-elected and experienced officials will received valuable up-to-date reference materials that will guide them to the answers they seek while meeting their newly elected peers and the League Staff. The Luncheon is an integral part of the orientation and designed as an opportunity to informally discuss experiences and share ideas with experienced local officials. Registration rate is $115.00 for members and $130.00 for non-members. Registration information and program details are available online. PLEASE SHARE THIS NOTICE WITH YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.
Program Link: http://www.njslom.org/seminar-documents/Newly-Reelected-Experienced.html
Registration Link: http://www.njslom.org/seminar-documents/Registration-Form-NewlyElected.pdf
2. Webinar: Budget Updates: The New Jersey League of Municipalities will be hosting a webinar on February 27, 2015 titled "A Quick Review of Budget and Audit Updates" from 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. At this webinar, attendees will:- Review recent DLGS Local Finance Notices, Policies and Regulations; Get an update on CY 2015 budget issues and legislation that may affect them; Understand the current requirements about and how the levy cap works; and Review current issues affecting finance officers CEUs have been approved. Program details and registration available at www.njslom.com/seminars
3. Seminar: Budget, Ethics, and Procurement Updates: The New Jersey League of Municipalities will be hosting a seminar on March 11, 2015 at the Conference Center at Mercer in West Windsor on the topic "Budget, Ethics, and Procurement Updates" At this seminar, attendees will receive important updates and information from the Division Of Local Government Services on the topics of: Budget Updates: Review recent Division of Local Government Local Finance Notices, Policies and Regulations; Get an update on CY 2015 budget issues, current requirements about and how the levy cap works and Review current issues affecting finance officers; Ethics Updates: Ethical Conduct, Local Government Ethics Law, Standards of Conduct, Financial Disclosure, Penalties, Disciplinary Action, Criminal Code and Case Studies; and Procurement Updates: Update on new legislation, Administrative Code updates, The use of Procurement Cards and National Cooperative Contracts. CEUs have been approved. Program details and registration available at www.njslom.com/seminars
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.