June 19, 2013
Re: Post Sandy Planning Assistance Grants Available
Pre-application information session on June 26 with Registration Deadline of
DCA has announced the $5 million allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Disaster Recovery funds for the Post Sandy Planning Assistance Grant Program to further help the revitalization of Superstorm Sandy-impacted communities. This grant program is available only for counties and municipalities in Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Union to support long range planning for community redevelopment in municipalities and counties sustaining damage from Superstorm Sandy.
The purpose of the grants is to assist local governments address conditions that were created or exacerbated by Superstorm Sandy, identify approaches to rebuilding that will be more resistant to damage from future storm events, and encourage sustainable economic growth. The program, which is administered by the DCA's Office of Local Planning Services (LPS), includes the following nine grant opportunities:
1. Strategic Recovery Planning Report (maximum grant award of $30,000)
2. Preparation of Request for Proposal (maximum grant award of $5,000)
3. Municipal Land Use Law Comprehensive Plans; Reexamination Reports; Plan Elements; Community Resiliency Plans; and Master Plan Re-examination Reports (maximum Grant Award: $50,000)
4. Community Development and Neighborhood Plans (maximum Grant Award: $50,000)
5. Permit and Application Process Quality Improvement (maximum Grant Award: $25,000)
6. Design Standards (maximum Grant Award: $50,000)
7. Capital Improvement Plans (maximum Grant Award: $30,000)
8. Urban and Suburban Environmental Design (maximum Grant Award: $50,000)
9. Development of codes, ordinances, standards and regulations (maximum Grant Award: $20,000)
The activities listed above do not constitute all the activities that may be funded with Post Sandy Assistance Grants. Eligible applicants may apply for projects that are not listed above if the project activities satisfy the purposes of the program and the applicant has an approved Strategic Recovery Planning Report.
All applicants must complete a practical Strategic Recovery Planning Report before applying for other the eight grant opportunities. If you do not have a Strategic Recovery Planning Report you should apply for a grant to create a Strategic Recovery Planning Report before applying for other grant activities. Local government entities may file joint applications when planning grant activities are regional in nature.
The program description and guidelines are available at www.state.nj.us/dca/services/lps/pdf/Post%20Sandy%20Planning%20Assistance%20Grant%20Program%20Guidelines.pdf
The grant application is available at www.formsite.com/dcanet/PostSandyPlanning/form_login.html
While there is no deadline for grant submissions, there are some important deadlines to keep in mind. Applicants are asked to submit a non-binding notice of intent to apply before June 19th. There will be a pre-application information session at 2:00 p.m. on June 26 at the DCA office in Trenton. The registration deadline to attend the session is June 24.
If you have any questions or need additional information please do not hesitate to contact Lori Buckelew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-695-3481 x112.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.