May 30, 2013
Re: New Content on DLGS Web Site
The Division of Local Government Service’s has posted the following new content on their website:
1. 2013 Financial Disclosure Statements Deadline is May 31, 2013. Local Finance Notice 2013-14R and the Division’s website www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/resources/fds.html contains important information and detailed filing instructions for Local Government Officers to submit their 2013 Financial Disclosure Statements using the new online filing process. We anticipate releasing instructions for completing and submitting rosters within the next few days.
2. DLGS Proposed Rule Re-adoptions of N.J.A.C. 5:34, regulations that pertain to the Local Public and Public School Contracts Laws. Subchapter 5 of N.J.A.C. 5:34, which deals with Qualified Purchasing Agents, has been proposed for re-adoption separately as those regulations were specially adopted last year. The full proposals can be viewed online at www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/resources/rules_reg.html under "Proposed Rules". Comments on the re-adoption of N.J.A.C. 5:34-5 must be submitted by July 5, 2013, with comments on the remainder of N.J.A.C. 5:34 due by July 19, 2013. The League is reviewing the proposed rules and will submit comments.
3. Alcoholic Beverage Retail Licensee Clearance Certificates for the 2013 -2014 season have been updated by the Division of Taxation: ABC Licensing Unit. Municipal Clerks can access their renewal certificates through their GovConnect account. For assistance with accessing your GovConnect account please send an e-mail to EGG@dca.state.nj.us. For questions regarding your Clearance Certificates please e-mail ABCclearance.Public@treas.state.nj.us.
4. 2011 Homestead Benefit Credit, according to the New Jersey Division of Taxation, will be applied to the August 2013 tax quarter. Credits are to be shown on the 3rd quarter August stubs as adjustments with the wording Homestead Benefit Credit printed on the stub to identify the credit. Municipalities that choose to send estimated third quarter billing must also contain the homestead benefit and all the applicable information. The Division of Taxation anticipates the files to be prepared by the end of May. For questions or concerns please contact Patricia Turin at 609-292-6858 or Pat.Turin@dca.state.nj.us.
5. Division of Pensions and Benefits' Online Guide to Retirement includes new video presentations with the important information you need to know before you retire with easy navigation for viewing the entire guide or browse by individual topic, links to fact sheets, forms, and to other retirement resources to provide you with in-depth information. To find out everything you need to know about retirement go to: www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/retirement/
1. NJLM Education Foundation Conference will present "How to Restore Civility in Public Discourse" on June 6, 2013 from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm at the Conference Center at Mercer County College, 1200 Old Trenton Road in West Windsor, NJ 08550. This program will provide valuable training to anyone who works in, with or for groups where cooperation is vitally important to success. This includes public officials, leaders, managers, teams of workers, community volunteers and everyone concerned with the need to restore civility in public discourse. CEUs have been approved. For details and registration please visit www.njlmef.org/events/060613-Civility.html.
2 2013 NJ Historic Preservation Conference, presented by the New Jersey Historic Trust, an affiliate of the Department of Community Affairs, on June 6 at The Newark Museum. The conference, "Enriching Place", will explore the many ways in which stewardship of our historic places and collections enrich our communities for the future. Educational sessions and workshop will cover topics including disaster planning and recovery, urban archaeology, best practices for historic preservation commissions, riverfront development, GIS planning, tours of Newark's downtown development and historic neighborhoods and more. The full day conference includes educational sessions, field workshops, a vendor exhibit area and an evening reception. For more information, visit http://www.state.nj.us/dca/preservationconference/ or contact the Historic Trust at (609) 984-0473 or email@example.com.
3. NJLM Mini One Day Conference on Friday, June 14, 2013 at the Conference Center at Mercer in West Windsor, the League will offer a Mini One Day Conference. This event will feature about 10 educational sessions on a wide range of topics including Shared Services, Elections, Licensing, Estimated Tax Billing, Social Media, Emergency Purchasing, and Ethics to name a few. Many attendees will be able to earn up to 8 CEU credits in one day. The Mini Conference will run from 8:30am - 5:00pm with registration beginning at 7:30am. To learn more about this program and credits please visit: www.njslom.org/seminar-documents/2013-june-14-mini-conf.html
4. 85th Annual Governor's Occupational Safety and Health Awards Program is sponsored by the NJ State Industrial Safety Committee in partnership with the NJ State Safety Council and the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Again this year, the Committee has agreed to sponsor the $50 registration fee for any public employer who wishes to participate. For details including dates and locations please visit http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/forms_pdfs/lsse/OSH-201.pdf. For questions, please contact Theresa Kramarz by phone at (609) 984-4738 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.