March 25, 2013
Re: Emergency Watershed Protection Program Funding Available
Agency: Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
DEADLINE: April 1, 2013 for Letter of Intent
To qualify for this funding the work must reduce threats to life and property by floods, windstorms and other natural occurrences. It must be economically and environmentally defensible and sound from an engineering standpoint. This is a 75% cost-share program, with a 25% local match.
Examples of work can include:
- reshaping and protecting eroded banks
- correcting damaged drainage facilities
- repairing levees and structures
- reseeding damaged areas
- purchasing floodplain easements
- removing debris from stream channels, road culverts and bridges
For more information contact David Lamm - NRCS, Somerset, NJ at 732-537-6071 (David.Lamm@nj.usda.gov)
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.