January 9, 2013
Re: Changes to the filing of Annual Debt Statement and Supplemental Debt Statement
The Division of Local Government Services is reviewing all forms, processes and work-flows with the goal of facilitating efficiency and enhancing transparency by using available technology to capture and report on the data collected. As part of that review they have developed an on-line process for filing the Annual Debt Statement (ADS) and Supplemental Debt Statements (SDS). The Division will no longer be accepting paper versions of the ADS or SDS.
Local Finance Notice 2013-3 announces this change and explains the new procedures. Please note the following:
- As the forms are encoded, they must be accessed from the Division’s website
- The notarized manual signature has been replaced with an electronic signature. As such the Finance Officer must be the person to check the certification box and submit the document to the Division using their e-mail address
- The Municipal Clerk should be copied on the e-mail submissions to fulfill the statutory requirement to file the AFS and SDS with the Municipal Clerk
- ADS must be filed by January 31 for Calendar Year Municipalities
- A SDS cannot be filed until after the ADS
If you have any technology related questions to the new procedure please contact Mark Brodowski of the Division at 609-633-2504 or email@example.com. For accounting related questions please contact Assistant Division Director Gerry Seneski at 609-984-5526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.