December 19, 2013
Re: New Content on DLGS Web Site
The Division of Local Government Service’s has posted the following new content on their website:
1. DLGS Assistant Director Appointment: Thomas Neff, Director of the Division of Local Government Services in the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, is pleased to announce the promotion of longtime Division employee, Christine "Tina" Zapicchi as Assistant Division Director for Financial Regulation. Tina has been working in the financial regulation section of the Division since 1983 and most recently served as Acting Bureau Chief/Section Supervisor of the Bureau of Financial Regulation & Assistance. Tina joins the senior management team that includes Christopher Vaz, Assistant Division Director for Local Management Services, and Patricia McNamara, Executive Secretary of the Local Finance Board.
2. Deadline for Chapter 159 Resolutions: The deadline for submitting Chapter 159 resolutions to the Division of Local Government Services is December 20, 2013. If you have any questions please contact Jorge Carmona at (609) 292-1430 or e-mail email@example.com.
3. Employment Opportunities: The Division of Local Government Services and the Local Finance Board (NJ Department of Community Affairs) are interested in receiving resumes from interested persons for the following vacancies: Municipal Auditor 3, Municipal Auditor 2, and Regulatory Officer 4. Detailed information is available at www.nj.gov/dca/about/employment/index.html.
4. Special Election Reimbursement: In order to receive reimbursement for the Special Election costs, reimbursement forms must be submitted to the Division of Elections. The link to the reimbursement forms is http://nj.gov/state/elections/county-se-reimbursement-forms.html. Please have the appropriate official complete the forms and submit for approval so the reimbursements can be processed for the special election costs.
5. COLA Adjustment for CY2014 Budgets: Local Finance Notice 2013-23 addresses issues related to CY 2014 Municipal and County Budgets and the 1977 and 2010 cap laws. It includes information on the 1977 cap law Cost of Living Adjustment and the use of the COLA ordinance and Group Health Insurance increase thresholds. LFN 2013-23 may be accessed via the following link: http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/lfns/13/2013-23.pdf.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.