December 19, 2012
Re: SUSTAINABLE JERSEY UPCOMING EVENTS – JANUARY 2013
For details on all workshops, including Agendas, visit www.sustainablejersey.com “News Events and Trainings”
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY TO HOST FORUMS ON CLIMATE ADAPTATION EFFORTS
Whether Hurricane Sandy was a “wake up call” or a confirmation of the importance of existing efforts to prepare for the effects of extreme weather events, Sustainable Jersey is here to help. We will be hosting 2 forums on “Climate Change and Flooding: What to Expect and How to Prepare.”
The forums will take place on:
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 ~ 8:30 AM (Registration and Light Refreshments) 12:30 PM, Alampi Room, Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers, 71 Dudley Road, New Bruswick REGISTER HERE
Friday, January 18, 2013 8:30 AM (Registration and Light Refreshments)
12:30 PM, Atlantic County Utilities Authority (ACUA) REGISTER HERE
Both workshops will focus on:
- How New Jersey’s climate is changing and what we should expect.
- What New Jersey communities are already doing to prepare, and how Sustainable Jersey can help
- Sustainable Jersey’s new “Definitions and Impacts” document and new “Flooding” actions
- A facilitated discussion of next steps: Where do we go from here? How can municipalities work together? How can we identify opportunities where Sustainable Jersey or others can make a difference?
- David Robinson, New Jersey’s State Climatologist
- John Miller from Lambertville and Ben Stowman from Maurice River, Stephen Marks, Assistant Business Administrator, Hoboken, Joel Sonkin, Director of Environmental and Energy Services, Newark
- Mayor Julie Schreck from Bradley Beach and Mayor John Spodofora from Stafford Township
- Gary Finger, Ombudsman, NJ BPU and Mark Mauriello, Director of Environmental Affairs and Planning, Edgewood Properties and Mariana Leckner, consultant for Emergency Management, Planning and Outreach
- Christine Schell and Veda Truesdale, Sustainable Jersey’s Climate Adaptation Task Force Chairs
- Lisa Auermuller, Watershed Coordinator-Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Randall Solomon, Co-Director of Sustainable Jersey
2012 CERTIFIED COMMUNITIES AND AWARD WINNERS’ SPECIAL RECOGNITION CEREMONY
Sustainable Jersey is pleased to announce it has rescheduled the recognition of its 2012 certified towns and award recipients for January 29, 2013, at the Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, NJ, from 2:00 pm until 7:30 pm. The day will consist of two pre-event sessions in the afternoon, a networking reception, and conclude with the recognition ceremony. To order tickets: click here
Award winners and small grant recipients will present and share success stories and tips for sustainability.
Visit us at the ANJEE CONFERENCE!
Friday, January 25, 2013 Sustainable Jersey will present “Energy Conservation Programs and Sustainability Curriculum…Perfect Together!”
This session will provide resources for educational leaders to engage their teachers, students, and administrators to take meaningful conservation actions in their district, and to understand the importance of Education for Sustainability (EfS). It will demonstrate how school districts can save energy and money through state incentive programs, and focus on exciting and innovative ways to infuse energy conservation and EfS into your curricula. More information and registration is available HERE.