February 3, 2012
RE: State Strategic Plan
The Office of Planning Advocacy has scheduled six public hearing for the latest incarnation of the State Plan. The “draft State Strategic Plan” was unveiled by the Christie administration in the fall as an update to the State Development and Redevelopment Plan. The draft plan intends to develop a strategic vision for where and how New Jersey should grow.
The six public hearings will be as follows:
- February 13, 2012, 6:00 p.m. presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Richard Stockton College, Campus Center Theatre, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway, NJ 08205-9441
- February 16, 2012, 6:00 p.m. presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Offices of Government Service, Gloucester County Clayton Complex, Building A, 1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, NJ 08312
- February 23, 2012, 6:00 p.m. presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, One Newark Center, 17th Floor, NJTPA Conference Room, Newark, NJ 07102
- February 27, 2012, 6:00 p.m. presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Haggerty Center, 353 East Hanover Avenue, Morris Township, NJ 07962
- February 28, 2012, 6:00 p.m. presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing, Monmouth University, Bey Hall, 400 Cedar Avenue, West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898
- March 1, 2012, 6:00 p.m. presentation, 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing., Rutgers University EcoComplex, 1200 Florence Columbus Road, Bordentown, NJ 08505
Two dates are reserved in the case that inclement weather results in a cancelled hearing: March 6, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. Rutgers University, Civic Square Building, College Avenue Campus, Special Events Forum Room, 33 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 and March 21, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. State House Annex, Committee Room 1, 125 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08625.
A copy of the draft Final State Strategic Plan: New Jersey’s is available at: http://www.state.nj.us/state/planning/publications/192-draft-final-ssp.pdf The League is reviewing the draft plan, and will submit comments. We encourage your municipality review the plan as well and submit testimony at one of these hearings, or submit comments to the Office of Planning Advocacy via email to: email@example.com Questions on this letter can be directed to Mike Cerra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-695-3481 x120.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.