November 13, 2012
RE: SUSTAINABLE JERSEY UPCOMING EVENTS – DECEMBER 2012 AND JANUARY 2013
For details on all workshops, including Agendas, visit www.sustainablejersey.com “News Events and Trainings”
Sustainable Jersey: Overview of What’s New for 2013? This webinar will provide an overview of new aspects of the Sustainable Jersey program
DATE: December 11, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (may only last an hour, but we built in time for Q&A) Click here to register
Whether your municipality is just beginning to make decisions about actions to pursue toward Sustainable Jersey certification, or is already certified, this webinar will provide an overview of what’s new for 2013. Learn about new actions for 2013, including a new Climate Adaptation/Flooding action, and new Energy Actions.
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY’S DON’T PANIC WEBINAR! IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COMMUNITIES THAT ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION IN JANUARY, 2013
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012 FROM 1:00-2:30 pm. (may only last an hour but we built in time for Q&A) Click here to register
Sustainable Jersey will be launching a new website in December 2012, which you will need to use when you apply for certification in January, 2013. Don’t panic! We’re here to help!
This webinar is will provide information about the new (easier to navigate) Sustainable Jersey website. We will help you to understand how to navigate it, create your municipal profile, upload your documents and add additional users to your municipality’s profile. Information will also be provided about action timestamps.
SUSTAINABLE JERSEY TO HOST FORUMS ON CLIMATE ADAPTATION EFFORTS
Whether Hurricane Sandy was a “wake up call” or a confirmation of the importance of existing efforts to prepare for the effects of extreme weather events, Sustainable Jersey is here to help. We will be hosting 2 forums on “Climate Change and Flooding: What to Expect and How to Prepare.”
The forums will take place on:
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 ~ 9AM – 12PM
Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy REGISTER HERE
Wednesday, January 18, 2013 ~ 9AM – 12PM
Atlantic City Utilities Authority (ACUA) REGISTER HERE
Both workshops will focus on:
- How New Jersey’s climate is changing and what we should expect.
- What New Jersey communities are already doing to prepare
- Sustainable Jersey’s new “Definitions and Impacts” document and new “Flooding” actions
- What Sustainable jersey is doing to help municipalities prepare
- A facilitated discussion of next steps: Where do we go from here? How can municipalities work together? How can we identify opportunities where Sustainable Jersey or others can make a difference?
Randall Solomon, Co-Director of Sustainable Jersey
- David Robinson, New Jersey’s State Climatologist
- John Miller from Lambertville and Ben Stowman from Maurice River
- Christine Schell and Veda Truesdale, Sustainable Jersey’s Climate Adaptation Task Force Chairs
- Lisa Auermuller, Watershed Coordinator-Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve