February 7, 2012
Re: Changes to the DLGS website
The following updates have been posted on the DLGS website:
1. The Division has posted individual CY 2012 / SFY2013 Municipal Information Sheets on the Fiscal Reports website at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/fiscal/fiscalrptmenu.shtml. In addition, the 2011 Statewide Abstract of Ratables and Municipal Tax Information is now posted at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/muniaid/aidmenu.shtml
2. 2012 Fire District Election Reporting Form: The 2012 Elections Results Form is now available in the Fire District document Library. The completed form and a copy of the fire district ballot must be returned to the Division by Thursday, February 23. The form may be completed using Microsoft Word or by hand. Returning it promptly will ensure proper recording of your tax levy.
3. Local Finance Notice 2012-4 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/12lfns/2012-4.pdf)
provides "Guidance on Preparing for Tax Appeals and Paying for their Impact; Including a Discussion of the Newly Enacted P.L. 2011, c. 224." This Notice discusses issues in financing repayment of tax refunds under several fiscal circumstances. It also reviews the new capability for financing current year appeals that result in a cash deficit due to tax appeals.
4. Applications for the Per Capita State Aid (PCSA) grant program for library aid are due by March 15, 2012. The program cover letter, instructions and application are available at
http://ldb.njstatelib.org/State_Aid. If you have any questions regarding
the application, please contact Bob Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The DCA Office of Regulatory Affairs has sent a courtesy reminder to Calendar Year CFO's that NJ Uniform Construction Code Regulations - NJAC
5:23-4.17 (b) requires municipalities to file a report that accurately portrays the receipts and expenses of the local enforcing agency for code enforcement purposes. The UCC Annual Report fulfills this requirement, and serves as a basis of changes (if any) in the UCC fee ordinance and staffing needs for the next year. The form is available online at http://fs2.formsite.com/njdca/uccrpt/form_login.html and must be submitted no later than February 10, 2012. For QUESTIONS or ASSISTANCE, please e-mail the Office of Regulatory Affairs at email@example.com.
6. The Department of Community Affairs recently announced that the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is now accepting applications for the upcoming heating season which runs from November 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012. The DCA administers this federal program which provides low-income households with money to help pay their heating bills.
Information about the program is available online at www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/hea.html or call 1-800-510-3102.
7. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released January 25, 2012. This issue can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2012_0125.pdf.
8. The New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency has announced the "New Jersey HomeKeeper Program" funded thru a grant from United States Treasury's Hardest Hit Fund. The program offers financial help to homeowners who are in danger of losing their home as a direct result of unemployment or underemployment. It provides assistance in the form of a second mortgage loan whereby the proceeds may be used to cover arrearages and/or an approved amount of the homeowner's monthly mortgage payment, including property taxes, property insurance, and mortgage insurance. Program details are available online at www.njhomekeeper.gov or the toll-free HomeKeeper call center at (855)-NJ-KEEP-1.
Conferences / Training:
1. CY 2012 Budget/Update Seminars: The Division of Local Government Services will be delivering a series of seminars in February that will cover recent Local Finance Notices, policies, regulations, and new laws; an update on CY
2012 budget and levy cap requirements, and current issues affecting municipal finance. The seminars are being held in several locations throughout the State and CEU credits have been approved for CFO, CPWM, RMC and QPA.
February 10 - Vineland Ramada Inn, exit 32 A off of route 55 in Vineland.
Hosted by Advance Learning (http://advancelearningnj.com/)
February 15 - Conference Center at Mercer (County College), 1200 Old Trenton Rd, West Windsor. Hosted by NJ State League of Municipalities (www.njslom.org/seminar-documents/2012-feb-3-15-budget-upates.html).
2. 14th Annual NJEPA Conference: The NJ Emergency Preparedness Association is pleased to announce that their 14th Annual Conference will be held on April 30 - May 4, 2012 at the Tropicana Casino Resort in Atlantic City.
Details are available online at www.njepa.org. For questions, please call the NJEPA at 609-548-8357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Occupational health and safety achievements will be recognized and celebrated by the 84th Annual Governor's Occupational Safety and Health Awards Program. The program is sponsored by the NJ State Industrial Safety Committee in partnership with the NJ State Safety Council and the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Again this year, the Committee has agreed to sponsor the $50 registration fee for any public employer who wishes to participate. Event dates and information are available at http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/forms_pdfs/lsse/OSH-201.pdf or contact Theresa Kramarz at (609) 984- 4738 (email:
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.