The following changes have taken place on the DLGS website:
1. Effective November 28, 2011 all CY 2011 and FY 2012 municipal and county resolutions for the insertion of State and Federal Grants, that include matching funds as required, are considered approved upon submission to the Division. This affects c.159 resolutions that were previously filed and not acknowledged as approved and those to be filed through the end of the respective fiscal years. This does not eliminate the requirement to file the required Certification Form for State and Federal Grants with the Division. Submission and division approval of c.159 resolutions from other sources of revenue and Change of Title or Text resolutions continues to be required. The Annual Financial Statement will include a certification by the Chief Financial Officer that the appropriate grant award letters have been received and are on file with the local unit. CY 2011/SFY 2012 c. 159 reports posted on the Division's website will include only those items of approval from other sources of revenue and Change of Title or Text resolutions. Questions concerning this notice can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Fire District Levy Cap Workbook Correction - Capital Lease Update: On November 14, the Division of Local Government Services released a revised FY 2012 Budget workbook for Fire Districts. The revised workbook correctly calculates the treatment of capital leases for the Levy Cap. If your budget includes capital leases, please use the revised workbook. That will ensure a correct Levy Cap calculation. If your budget does not include capital leases, you can use the existing 2012 Levy Cap workbook. The revised workbook is on the Division website at: www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/authreg/authmenu.shtml#firebud.
3. Reports for each municipality's 2011 Senior Citizen and Veterans' Tax Exemption reimbursement have been posted on the Division of Local Government Services website at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/fiscal/2011_data/11svd/menu_svd_2011.shtml. Officials can download a report of their municipality's payment that was deposited on November 1, 2011. The report shows the breakdown of payment categories, including the Administrative Fee.
4. Local Finance Notice 2011-31 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-31.doc) describes the procedures for the 2010 Homestead Credit Benefit property tax bill credit. This benefit, which reflects homeowner 2010 income, will provide a credit on the February 2012 property tax bill. The Notice explains the timing and related procedures which are similar to the tax credit process used this past May.
5. The Department of Community Affairs recently announced that the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is now accepting applications for the upcoming heating season which runs from November 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012. The DCA administers this federal program which provides low-income households with money to help pay their heating bills. Information about the program is available online at www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/hea.html or call 1-800-510-3102.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.
New Jersey State League of Municipalities • 222 West State Street • Trenton, NJ 08608 • (609) 695-3481 •FAX: (609) 695-0151