October 21, 2011
Re: New Content on Division of Local Government Services’ website
The Division of Local Government Service’s has posted the following new content on their website:
1. On October 5, 2011, Governor Christie announced that the Division of Pensions and Benefits released revised Police and Fire Retirement System bills for FY 2012 (due April 2012). In the aggregate, PFRS billing dropped by over $200,000,000 for local units due to pension reforms. Links to documents showing revised billings for employers is available at: www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/2012-employer-billing.shtml and a summary document showing changes is available at: www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/epbam/exhibits/pdf/2012-pfrs-comparison-revised-78.pdf
For more information please see our October 5 Dear Mayor letter.
2. The Division has released FY 2012 budget documents for local authorities, fire districts, and housing authorities. All documents are available for download at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/authreg/authmenu.shtml. The release is accompanied by Local Finance Notices 2011-28 (authorities) and 2011-29 (fire districts).
3. Eligible homeowners have until October 31, 2011 to file applications for the Homestead Benefit and Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement) Programs. Homeowners who do not have an application or need assistance can call the Homestead Benefit Hotline at (888) 238-1233 or the Property Tax Reimbursement Hotline at (800) 882-6597. The Division of Taxation has an EXCLUSIVE phone (609-633-8433) and e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) available for Tax Office inquiries.
4. The Division of Pensions and Benefits has posted new dates for employer training opportunities through the remainder of 2011. Training sessions are open to Certifying Officers and other personnel who are responsible for the administration of pension and health benefits. Details are available at http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/epic-messages.shtml#30 and questions can be emailed to Education.Pensions@treas.state.nj.us.
5. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released October 5, 2011. This issue can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2011_1005.pdf.
6. The New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency has announced the "New Jersey HomeKeeper Program" funded thru a grant from United States Treasury's Hardest Hit Fund. The program offers financial help to homeowners who are in danger of losing their home as a direct result of unemployment or underemployment. It provides assistance in the form of a second mortgage loan whereby the proceeds may be used to cover arrearages and/or an approved amount of the homeowner's monthly mortgage payment, including property taxes, property insurance, and mortgage insurance. Program details are available online at www.njhomekeeper.gov or the toll-free HomeKeeper call center at (855)-NJ-KEEP-1.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.