September 28, 2011
Re: CITIZENS CAMPAIGN & SUSTAINABLE JERSEY WORKSHOP
The Citizens Campaign and Sustainable Jersey are teaming up to bring you a toolkit packed with the essentials to successfully move your community towards going "green", saving money and improving its quality of life for the long term.
The first half will be an educational component on proposing sustainable initiatives, serving on Green Teams & other environmentally-focused bodies, and reporting about sustainable initiatives in your town. The second half will be a Q&A coaching session with environmental policy experts.
Using the Sustainability Toolkit: Building Healthier Communities:
- Learn how to get results on sustainable local initiatives
- Find out opportunities to be part of decisions being made on sustainable issues in your community
- Interactive discussion with sustainability experts
LOCATION: Camden County Environmental Center (1301 Park Blvd, Cherry Hill)
DATE & TIME: Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (light dinner provided)
- Lori Braunstein, (Sustainable Cherry Hill)
- Cindy Randazzo (DEP Director, Office of Local Government Assistance)
- Councilwoman Michelle Gentek (Gloucester Twp)
LOCATION: Bergen Community College, Multipurpose Room (1280 Wall Street West, Lyndhurst)
DATE & TIME: Friday, Oct 21, 2011, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (light dinner provided)
- Athena Sarafides, DEP Office of Planning & Sustainable Communities
- Councilman Andre Sayegh of the City of Paterson
- Arlene Johnson, former Mayor, current Chair of Livingston Green Team
REGISTER for either date at www.thecitizenscampaign.com
November is right around the corner! Join us for our 3rd Annual Sustainable Jersey Award Luncheon on November 15th in Atlantic City (Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, 12 noon to 1:30 pm, doors open at 11:30 am)
Take this opportunity to celebrate, mingle and network with New Jersey leaders in the sustainability movement and members representing businesses, academic institutions, and the 350 NJ municipalities participating in the Sustainable Jersey program. Honor with us all the municipal leaders and the Green Team volunteers who are making their communities and our State national leaders in Sustainability. Listen to keynote speaker Lisa Jackson, US Environmental Protection Agency and celebrate our 2011 Sustainable Jersey corporate honoree New Jersey Natural Gas.
MORE INFO & LUNCHEON ticket order forms available here: http://www.sustainablejersey.com/events.php?sec_num=3
Stay for Sustainable Jersey Conference Workshops!
SESSION INFO: http://www.sustainablejersey.com/events.php?sec_num=4
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.