August 23, 2011
The New Jersey Institute of Technology is offering this opportunity for League members. Below please find information related to this free seminar on financing for redevelopment of brownfield properties.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr
SAVE THE DATE: October 11, 2011
Funding and Financing the Redevelopment of Brownfields: Finding Resources in these Challenging Economic Times
a free seminar sponsored by
The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
Technical Assistance for Brownfield Communities (TAB) Program
This freeseminar is geared toward the public sector (county and municipal governments) and non-profit organizations interested in cleaning up and redeveloping brownfields. The seminar will focus on federal, state and private funding and financing available for brownfields assessment, clean up and redevelopment, as well as methods to market your site to developers.
Specific Topics Include:
- How to access free brownfields technical assistance available to government and non-profit entities.
- Federal, state (New York and New Jersey) and private funding and financing options for governmentsand non-profit entities.
- Marketing your site to developers
- Case Studies of successful brownfields redevelopments, including how funding sources were packaged together.
- A light lunch will also be provided and there will be an opportunity for open networking.
Who should attend?
- Local / Regional elected officials and their representatives
- Economic Development / Redevelopment Agencies and Authorities
- Nonprofit organization leaders interested in brownfields redevelopment
- City and County Planners
- City and County Engineers
When and Where?
October 11, 2011 (Tuesday) 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) – Campus Center
Cost? There is no charge for this workshop.
NJIT TAB is a USEPA funded technical assistance program intended to serve as an independent resource to communities and nonprofits pursuing the cleanup and reclamation of brownfields. For more information on NJIT TAB please contact us via our TAB hotline: (973) 642-4165, email: email@example.com, or visit our website http://www.njit.edu/tab/. Agenda, registration, and additional information forthcoming