June 6, 2011
Re: Changes to the DLGS website
The following changes have occurred on the Division of Local Government Services website:
1. Over the next three weeks, the Division of Taxation will be mailing 2010 Homestead Benefit Application Packets to all eligible homeowners, both seniors and non-seniors alike. The deadline for filing is October 31, 2011. In addition, the deadline for senior and disabled residents to file their 2010 property tax reimbursement (Senior Freeze) applications has been
extended to October 31, 2011. The original deadline was June 1, 2011. Assistance is available to the public by calling the Property Tax Reimbursement Hotline (1-800-882-6597) or the Homestead Benefit Hotline (1-888-238-1233).
2. Over the last 4 months the Division of Pensions and Benefits has updated a number of Fact Sheets that affect local government officials and employees:
- Fact Sheet #21, Employment After Retirement (PERS) 3/11
- Fact Sheet #29, Employment After Retirement (PFRS) 3/11
- Fact Sheet #79, Defined Contribution Retirement Program (DCRP) for PERS,
TPAF, PFRS, and SPRS Members 1/11
- Fact Sheet #80, Defined Contribution Retirement Program (DCRP) for Elected
and Appointed Officials) 1/11
All fact sheets that have been updated since the first of the year can be viewed online at www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/fact-sheets.shtml
3. Member Handbooks for the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS) have been revised to incorporate updates and are available as viewable, printer-friendly PDF files on the Division of Pensions and Benefit Web site:
http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/. The Division has also redesigned its Automated Information System at (609) 777-1777 with new Interactive Voice Response technology.
4. Library Tax Levy: The Division of Local Government Services has issued revised guidance on implementing the new municipal library tax levy. Local Finance Notice 2011-14 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-14.doc) revised how the new municipal library property tax levy is implemented by simplifying the budget and accounting transactions related to library levy and spending procedures. This action only affects those municipalities with municipal and joint municipal libraries. LFN 2011-14 replaced LFN 2011-13.
5. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released May 25, 2011. This issue can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2011_0525.pdf.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.