April 6, 2011
Re: New Content on DLGS Web Site
1. April 1 was the due date for the employer share of pension funding for PERS and PFRS programs. Please be advised that the law regarding payments require that if payment of the full amount is not made within 30 days after April 1, interest at the rate of 10% per annum shall start to run against the unpaid balance on the first day after the 30th day.
2. 2011 Property Tax Credits: Local processing has started for the 2nd quarter 2011 adjusted property tax bills for recipients of Homestead Benefit Tax Credits as described in Local Finance Notice 2011-6 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-6.doc). Adjusted tax bills were scheduled for mailing by April 1.
3. Local Finance Notice 2011-12 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-12.doc) provides guidance to contracting units subject to the Local Public Contracts Law. The Notice concerns P.L. 2010, c.108 that authorizes a procedure for the withdrawal of public works bids in the event a mistake is made on the bid by a bidder. The law took effect on March 4 and has a number of important technical and legal requirements and should be reviewed by all contracting units. It should have the specific attention of purchasing agents and their legal advisors, and those that prepare public works specifications, such as architects and engineers.
4. The March 2011 "OPRA Alert Volume 3 Issue 3" (www.nj.gov/grc/news/alerts/) includes the Government Records Council's new Custodian's Toolkit. This toolkit is designed to assist records custodians facilitate easier access to public records. Additionally, the toolkit aims to assist records custodians with staying organized, tracking deadlines and maintaining compliance with the law. For questions regarding OPRA issues please contact the GRC at 1-866-850-0511 or email@example.com.
5. The Diesel Retrofit Law (N.J.A.C. 7:27-32 et. seq.) for regulated diesel vehicles requires electronic submittals of the fleet inventory and retrofitting cost estimates to meet the required emission reductions. Owners of regulated vehicles must submit cost estimates provided by authorized installers on a state contract on or before September 8, 2011. There are workshops, guidance documents and the web site www.stopthesoot.org to assist the regulated fleet owner in the process to obtain compliance with the law. For questions, please call the Diesel Risk Reduction Program at 609-292-7953.
6. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released March 23, 2011. This issue can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2011_0323.pdf.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.