March 17, 2011
Re: UPDATE: Strategies for Policing During Lean Times
This March 30 NJLM Educational Foundation event has just been approved for CEU credit for finance officers and municipal clerks.
CMFO/CCFO, one hour each budgeting and office management;
RMC, one hour each records and professional development.
The NJLM Educational Foundation is holding this event to help communities find ways of maintaining local law enforcement during a time of shrinking resources – both human and financial. “Local Law Enforcement Strategies: Technology and New Management Models” will be held March 30 at the Bergen County OEM in Mahwah.
The Foundation chose the topic of law enforcement as the epicenter of the effects caused by local fiscal stress. This is where municipal departments will see resources diverted to and we see a great need for municipal finance officers and Clerks & Administrators to be educated in the effects of seismic changes in local law enforcement.
We believe this program provides critically needed education for the CFOs and Clerk/Administrators with regard to:
- the significant changes that may occur in police department budgets and how those changes will impact all other budgets
- how these changes may translate to financial agreements with other jurisdictions (county and municipal)
- structural options being explored - both financial and management
- results of efficiency research and efforts
- financial research on regionalization, shared service and mergers
Full details and registration forms are available at the NJLM Educational Foundation page www.njlmef.org
If you have any questions please contact Michael Darcy 609-695-3481 extn 116 or MDarcy@njslom.com
Very truly yours,
Art Ondish, President
NJLM Educational Foundation
Mayor, Mount Arlington