February 17, 2011
Re: Public Assistance Briefing for Municipalities Impacted by Snow
This is a reminder that the NJOEM and FEMA will host Public Assistance Applicant's Briefings for counties, municipalities and eligible private non-profit agencies impacted by the snowstorm occurring December 26-27, 2010, will be held next week.
Please read this important information about who should attend and distribute as appropriate:
* Each of the applicants attending should send someone who has the authority to initiate the Request for Public Assistance (RPA) and an individual from the jurisdiction or agency who will be tasked with developing the Project Worksheets. This individual should be familiar with any damages incurred, insurance coverage, equipment utilized, and salary expenditures.
* The meetings are not open to the public. Residents will benefit from the assistance received by their individual counties and municipalities to offset the financial impact of the storm.
The Applicant briefing schedule is outlined below:
Central Region Applicants’ Briefing - Wednesday February 23, 2011
- 10:00 AM - Somerset County, Union County, Middlesex County
Middlesex County Fire Academy - 1001 Fire Academy Drive, Sayreville, NJ 08872
- 2:00 PM - Mercer County, Monmouth County, Ocean County
Monmouth County Fire Academy - 1027 Route #33 East, Freehold, NJ 07728
North Region Applicants’ Briefings - Thursday February 24, 2011
- 10:00 AM - Bergen County, Morris County, Passaic County
Bergen County Law & Public Safety Institute, 281 Campgaw Road, Mahwah, NJ 07430
- 2:00 PM - Essex County, Hudson County
Essex County Office of Emergency Management, 560 Northfield Avenue, West Orange, NJ 07052
South Region Applicants’ Briefings – Friday, February 25, 2011
- 10:00 AM - Burlington County and Atlantic County
Burlington County Fire Academy, 53 Academy Way, Westampton NJ 08060-6000
- 2:00 PM - Cape May County and Cumberland County
Cape May OEM 30 W. Mechanic Street Cape May Court House NJ 08210
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.