February 3, 2011
RE: Recent changes on the DLGS website
The following changes have taken place on the DLGS website:
1. Local Finance Notice 2011-5 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-5.doc), "LOSAP CY 2010 Annual Award Increases" is the determination of the annual LOSAP Cost of Living calculation for Municipal and Fire District LOSAPs. Please share this with appropriate staff in your organization.
2. CY 2011 Budget Development Information: The following Local Finance Notices have a direct impact on the CY 2011 municipal and county budget cycle. They should be reviewed by all local officials involved in budget planning CY 2011 budgets.
2011-4 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-4.doc), "CY 2011 and SFY 2012 Budget Development Matters" covers a range of issues related to budget development for CY 2011 budgets and includes general information on budget matters that will affect FY 2012 municipal, county, and fire district budgets.
2011-2 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-2.doc), "CY 2011 Budget Deadline Extensions and Changes" sets out changes in budget transmittal, introduction, and adoption dates for CY 2011 municipal and county budgets, and provides preliminary levy cap referendum information.
2011-3 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-3.doc), "2010 Levy Cap Law Guidance and CY 2011 Budgets" has immediate impact on CALENDAR YEAR municipalities and counties as it provides guidance and direction on preparing their CY 2011 budgets.
3. Contracting Unit Power Supply Procurement Guidance: To assist local government and public school procurement officials understand how to purchase electric power supply, the Division has developed several guidance documents. An overview of contracting unit power supply bidding practices, a list of the approved Energy Agents, and Cooperative Pricing Energy Supply
Systems are now posted on the web at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lpcl/index.shtml#energy. The material affects agencies subject to the Local Public Contracts Law and the Public School Contracts Law. As always, send questions about contracting laws to email@example.com.
4. A copy of the REVISED Form PD5 (revised 1-19-11) was sent to Tax Collectors on January 24 and is also available in the Tax Collector library. If Tax Collectors have already received a supply of existing PD5's from their respective vendors for use this year, use of the revised PD5 form commences in 2012. If you have any questions regarding this corrected form please contact Pat Turin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 609-292-6858.
5. Contracting units that have not appointed a Qualified Purchasing Agent had their bid threshold reduced as of January 1, 2011, the effective date of revisions to Qualified Purchasing Agent laws (P.L. 2009, c.166) These contracting units now have a BID Threshold of $17,500, regardless of any prior local actions that provide a higher threshold. This change supersedes the bid threshold changes announced in Local Finance Notice 2010-13. Further details of this announcement can be viewed online at www.nj.gov/govconnect/news/general/#1.
6. Municipal Clerks are reminded that the Mayor information provided through your MCL is critical for use by many State agencies, including DCA and the SAGE grant system (System for Administering Grants Electronically). EVEN IF YOUR MAYOR INFORMATION DID NOT CHANGE from 2010, you must still CONFIRM THE INFORMATION LISTED IN YOUR MCL for 2011. If you need assistance with your GovConnect login or updating the MCL form, please e-mail the GovConnect Helpdesk at EGG@dca.state.nj.us.
7. The DCA Division of Codes and Standards has published the latest per capita income and maximum eligibility income figures to be used in considering protected tenancy applications for senior and disabled citizens, as required by the Senior Citizen and Disabled Protected Tenancy Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:18-61.21 et seq. This information is included in the condominium packet available on the Division's website at: www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/. Questions may be emailed to the Landlord-Tenant Information Service at LTInfo@dca.state.nj.us.
8. The State Tax Court has updated their website www.judiciary.state.nj.us/taxcourt/monthlyjdgmnts.pdf with the new report for December 2010. It should be noted that you will need to reach out to your town attorney and / or assessor for copies of any stipulations that may have been taken into consideration for these judgments. Please note that the report is now searchable by municipality. Prior reports for 2010 can be
retrieved at www.judiciary.state.nj.us/taxcourt/taxcaseinfo.htm. For questions regarding this procedure please contact Pat Turin at email@example.com or 609-292-6858.
9. The DEP Bulletin contains a list of construction permit applications recently filed or acted upon by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. The latest issue was released January 26, 2011. This issue can be viewed online at: www.nj.gov/dep/bulletin/bu2011_0126.pdf.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.