January 18, 2011
Re: Changes to the DLGS website
The following changes have been recently made to the DLGS website.
1. Contracting units that have not appointed a Qualified Purchasing Agent had their bid threshold reduced as of January 1, 2011, the effective date of revisions to Qualified Purchasing Agent laws (P.L. 2009, c.166) These contracting units now have a BID Threshold of $17,500, regardless of any prior local actions that provide a higher threshold. This change supersedes the bid threshold changes announced in Local Finance Notice 2010-13. These contracting units now also have a QUOTATION threshold of $2,625 (15% of the bid threshold). Further details of this announcement can be viewed online at www.nj.gov/govconnect/news/general/#1.
2. UPDATED Local Finance Notice 2011-1
(www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/11lfns/2011-1.doc) This Finance Notice, "Limits on Bid Acceptance Dates" was updated after its release to correct several errors. It affects all contracting units and agencies subject to the Local Public Contracts Law and the Public School Contracts Law. This annual Notice describes when bids can be accepted following holidays, a reminder about the circumstances when bids cannot be accepted, and the laws and regulations governing when bid due dates can be cancelled or postponed. The updated version - 2011-1R should be downloaded and used in lieu of the original.
3. The DCA Division of Codes and Standards has published the latest per capita income and maximum eligibility income figures to be used in considering protected tenancy applications for senior and disabled citizens, as required by the Senior Citizen and Disabled Protected Tenancy Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:18-61.21 et seq. This information is included in the condominium packet available on the Division's website at:
www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/. Questions may be emailed to the Landlord-Tenant Information Service at LTInfo@dca.state.nj.us.
4. The Department of Environmental Protection has announced that the annual reimbursements for the CY 2008 Recycling Tonnage Grant Program have been approved for payment. The payments were scheduled for processing by OMB December 23, 2010. Questions concerning the payment can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. CY 2011 budget forms are now available on the Financial Regulation and Assistance website at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/fiscal/budmenu.shtml. Also, as a reminder, the acceptance of Chapter 159 budget amendment resolutions ended on December 23, 2010. Resolutions received after this date will only be approved on a case by case basis.
6. The State Tax Court has updated their website www.judiciary.state.nj.us/taxcourt/monthlyjdgmnts.pdf with the new report for December 2010. It should be noted that you will need to reach out to your town attorney and / or assessor for copies of any stipulations that may have been taken into consideration for these judgments. Please note that the report is now searchable by municipality. Prior reports for 2010 can be retrieved at www.judiciary.state.nj.us/taxcourt/taxcaseinfo.htm. For questions regarding this procedure please contact Pat Turin at email@example.com or 609-292-6858.
7. Reports for each municipality's 2010 Senior Citizen and Veterans Tax Exemption reimbursement have now been posted on the Division of Local Government Services website at www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/fiscal/2010_data/10svd/menu_svd_2010.shtml. Officials can download a report of their municipality's payment that was deposited on November 1, 2010. The report shows the breakdown of payment categories, including the Administrative Fee.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.