Important Information for NJ Shore Residents!
Green Rebuilding at the Jersey Shore
Presented Jointly by the US Green Building Council – New Jersey and New Jersey Natural Gas
April 18, 2013
5:30- 7:00 pm
(sign-in/ registration 5:00-5:30)
Monsignor Casey Hall, 751Main Ave, Bay Head, NJ
(behind Sacred Heart Church)
This is a FREE info session for homeowners interested in learning about incorporating GREEN & RESILIENT elements into the rebuilding of their homes.
RSVP at www.usgbcnj.org/events. Call 973-290-0013 for more info.
Attendees will hear from the following green and sustainable building experts:
- Anastasia Harrison, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Owner, Eco Solutions
- Jason Kliwinski, AIA, LEED AP BD&C, O&M, LEED Fellow & Faculty, Partner, Green Building Center NY/NJ
- Gerry Hazel, LEED AP BD&C, O&M ASHRAE HBDP, CPMP, M&E Engineers
- Mark MaGrann, President & CEO, MaGrann Associates
- Darren Port, Green Building Administrator/Code Specialist, NJ Dept. of Community Affairs (invited)
- Plus, representatives New Jersey Natural Gas and New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program will be on hand with information about energy efficiency incentives.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- What is resilient green building
- What is ENERGY STAR?
- What Funding and incentives are available?
- Are ENERGY STAR and LEED buildings more durable?
- Top priorities/goals for homeowners/top talking points to discuss with contractors.
- Modular buildings – pluses and minuses of modular homes, what to look out for.
- Time for audience Q&A.