Grant Resource Center - Private Foundations, Non-Profits & Universities
Links to Grant Resources l Grant News & Information l Federal Resources l State Resources l Corporate Giving Programs l Private Foundations & Universities l Grant Seekers Toolkit l Return to Main Grants Page
Links to Private Foundation, Non-Profit & University Grant Pages
The following agencies and departments are listed in alphabetical order.
- 1772 Foundation: The preservation and restoration of historical entities.
- Alliance for Children & Families
- American Humane Association
- American Library Association: Listing of grants and fellowships relevant to libraries.
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
- Bikes Belong Coalition
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Grants awarded for global health, education and global libraries.
- The Blakemore Foundation: Encourages the study and understanding of Asian languages and Asian fine arts.
- Blue Moon Fund: Mission is to build human and natural resilience to a changing and warming world, using
natural, social and financial capital to implement new models in
high-biodiversity regions around the world.
- Braitmayer Foundation: Interested in K-12 education.
- Brookdale Foundation: Interested in furthering the fields of gerontology and geriatrics.
- Captain Planet: Hands-on environmental projects for children.
- Center for Health and Health Care in Schools
- Corporation for Supportive Housing
- The Dana Foundation: Principal interests are in brain science, immunology and arts education.
- Emergency Nurses Association: Provides funding for research advancing the specialized practice of emergency nursing.
- Firefighters Charitable Foundation: Provides funding for equipment, maintenance, repairs, education, community outreach and aid to fire victims.
- F.M. Kirby Foundation
- The Fund for New Jersey: This foundation provides for education, advocacy, public policy analysis and community problem solving.
- Fund for Wild Nature: Interested in funding action for wildlife, rivers, wilderness and the places that support the interdependent life that sustains our planet.
- Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation: Foundation focuses on education and on the lives of children and the culture of schools, particularly public schools in New Jersey.
- Graffiti Hurts: Interested in helping communities start or add-on to a local graffiti prevention program, including one-time projects that have the potential to help reduce graffiti vandalism in the community.
- Graham Foundation: Interested in fostering the development and exchange of ideas about architecture and its role in the arts, culture and society.
- The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey: Interested in the healthcare and wellness of vulnerable members of the greater Newark New Jersey area, as well as bringing healthcare to vulnerable Jewish residents in the MetroWest community of New Jersey.
- Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey
- Hyde and Watson Foundation: Supports capital projects, such as hard-costs related to the purchase or relocation of facilities and/or building improvements, the purchase of capital equipment, limited medical research and other one-time capital needs. Broad fields include: education, social services, arts, health, religion and humanities. The current geographic areas of grant support are primarily the five boroughs of New York City, and Essex, Morris and Union Counties in New Jersey.
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation: Offers innovative grant programs for organizations serving high-achieving students with financial need.
- Megan Nicole Kanka Foundation: "Check 'Em Out" program; helps non-profit sports organizations in New Jersey pay for state and federal fingerprint checks on their coaches and managers.
- Ms. Foundation for Women: Grants awarded for economic security, health and safety and girls, young women and leadership.
- The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation: Provides funding to projects that sustain, restore and enhance the Nation’s fish, wildlife, plants and their habitats.
- National Forest Foundation
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- The NEA Foundation: Improving public education.
- Needmor Fund: Creating social change.
- New Jersey Council for Humanities: Mission is to serve the people of New Jersey by developing, supporting and
promoting projects that explore and interpret the human experience, foster
cross-cultural understanding, and engage people in dialogue about matters of
individual choice and public responsibility.
- New Jersey Tree Foundation
- New York - New Jersey Estuary Program: Interested in the development and implementation of plans to protect, conserve and restore the estuary.
- Open Meadows Foundation: Grants for projects that are led by and benefit women and girls.
- Orthotic & Prosthetic Assistance Fund, Inc.: Enhancing the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
- Pathways Within, Inc.: Bi-annual book grant.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- The Schumann Foundation for New Jersey: This foundation is interested in education, with an emphasis on schools located in urban areas.
- Tony Hawk Foundation: Promotes high-quality, public skateparks in low-income areas throughout the United States.
- The Twenty-First Century Foundation: National and local programs that support black America.
- Victoria Foundation: Committed to strengthening community within Newark and protecting the environment throughout the State of New Jersey.
- Wild Ones: Seeds for Education.
- Women's Sports Foundation: Grants to health and fitness organizations.
- Youth Service America: Dedicated to supporting and motivating youth, teachers, service-learning coordinators and youth-serving organizations in planning and implementing projects for Global Youth Service Day and on-going service throughout the year.
|Privacy Statement | NJLM FAQ
New Jersey State League of Municipalities • 222 West State Street • Trenton, NJ 08608 • (609) 695-3481 • FAX: (609) 695-0151