RE: IMPORTANT final update: vehicle displays at the 98th Annual League of Municipalities Conference 11/18-21/2013
Dear Equipment Exhibitors,
We have important updated information from the New Jersey Division of Fire Safety about displaying vehicles including those that use compressed natural gas (CNG) as fuel.
Please note the New Jersey Division of Fire Safety (NJDFS) will be inspecting vehicles.
CNG Fuel Vehicles:
- The CNG tanks shall be at ¼ capacity or lower – approximately 800 – 1000 psi. (note: 3600 psi = full tank)
- The vehicle’s battery shall be disconnected one parked inside of the ACCC.
- All fuel valves shall on each tank shall be shut off once the battery is disconnected.
- If the vehicle is duel fuel the gas / diesel the tanks shall be at 5 gallons or ¼ tank whichever is the least or lower.
- While the building is occupied by the public someone who is familiar with the safe operation of this vehicle and the CNG system shall be on site.
- NJ DFS staff will be on site that week to confirm.
After the show, you may refuel at the nearby public CNG refueling station:
Atlantic City Jitney Association
6821 Delilah Rd, Egg Harbor 08234
They do accept all major credit cards and serve 3600 PSI connections.
If you have questions please contact Tom Woodruff, AC Jitney Association 609-646-8642 extension 301.
Other fuel type vehicle display requirements must also be followed including:
- Disconnect batteries
- Lock/secure fuel caps
- Other liquid fuel tanks not more than 1/8-1/4 full
If you have questions about these display requirements or other aspects of exhibiting please contact us at the League 609-695-3481 extension 125 or 116.
Kristin Lawrence Michael J. Darcy, CAE
Exhibit Manager Assistant Executive Director