Annual Business Meeting
League Elects Officers, Approves Resolutions and Presents Awards
Outgoing League President Arthur Ondish, Mayor of Mount Arlington, accepts a plaque from newly elected League President Janice S. Mironov, Mayor of East Windsor, in recognition of his outstanding service.
After receiving the League’s Distinguished Public Service Award, Lt. Col. Jerome Hatfield, Deputy Superintendent of Homeland Security for the New Jersey State Police, addresses the Annual Business Meeting.
Bart Oates, Chairman, New Jersey Hall of Fame Board of Commissioners, makes his remarks on behalf of the New Jersey Hall of Fame, which the League recognized with a Distinguished Public Service Award during its Annual Business Meeting. Also pictured (l to r) are Steve Edwards, President, New Jersey Hall of Fame Foundation Board, Arthur Ondish, League Past President and Janice S. Mironov, League President.
The League of Municipalities held its Annual Business Meeting on December 5 at the Princeton Marriot in Plainsboro. The new League Officers were elected. Among other business, the newest members of the Mayors Hall of Fame were announced and the Resolutions for the coming year were approved.
League President Arthur Ondish presented a Distinguished Public Service Award to Lt. Col. Jerome Hatfield, who is the Deputy Superintendent of Homeland Security for the New Jersey State Police. Ondish also recognized the New Jersey Hall of Fame with the Distinguished Public Service Award. Bart Oates, Chairman, New Jersey Hall of Fame Board of Commissioners and Steve Edwards, President, New Jersey Hall of Fame Foundation Board accepted the award on behalf of their organization.
The League Executive Board also approved the following appointments that were proposed by League President Janice S. Mironov:
- M. James Maley, Mayor, Collingswood--Chair, League Economic Development Task Force
- Tim McDonough, Mayor, Hope and League Past President-- Chair, Municipal Emergency Management and Preparedness Task Force
- Chuck Chiarello, Committeeman, Buena Vista—Chair, EMS Committee
- Wilda Diaz, Mayor Perth Amboy—Chair, Municipal Management Reform Committee
- Janice S. Mironov, League President and Mayor, East Windsor --Chair, Statutory Funding Compliance Committee
- Gerald Tarantolo, League 2nd Vice President and Mayor, Eatontown-- Chair, School Funding Committee
- Sharon Robinson-Briggs, Mayor, Plainfield-- Chair, Tissue and Organ Sharing Committee
- Brian Wahler, Mayor, Piscataway-- Chair, Telecommunications Reform Committee
- Letitia “Tish” Colombi, Mayor, Haddonfield— Co-Chair, Women in Municipal Government Committee (WIMG)
- Mildred Crump, Councilwoman, Newark-- Co-Chair, Women in Municipal Government Committee (WIMG)
- Janice S. Mironov, Mayor, East Windsor—Chair, Housing Policy Committee
- Colleen Mahr, Mayor, Fanwood - Vice Chair, Housing Policy Committee
- Janice S. Mironov, Mayor, East Windsor - Chair, Energy Policy Committee