2011 League Conference Session CEU Procedures
CEU Monitor Responsibility:
- Instead of sign- in sheets you will notice that there will be one-button gun scanners. Here is the new process:
- CEU monitors must be confirmed at least two months before conference so that I will be able to correspond with them beforehand.
- CEU monitors must arrive 20 minutes before their session at the room monitor station so that they can receive training. If monitors arrive late, they will not get the proper training which could result in everyone at a particular session not receiving credit. Depending on which floor your session is on the monitors will either go to the Third Floor Room Monitor Station or the Fourth Floor Room Monitor Station.
*Please note, once a monitor has been trained in using the scanners, they do not need to be trained again; however, they will still need to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the session to receive their scanners and get set up.
- After training, monitors will receive a scanner from the monitor station and then report to rooms where they will scan badges.
- SIGN OUT PROCEDURE: Please note, this is important, if the session does not have WWW/TCH or CLE credits you will bring the scanner back to the room monitor station about 20 minutes after the session has begun. Data in the scanners must be uploaded to the Internet so that people can get their CEU certificates at the end of the session. If the session is approved for WWW/TCH or CLE credits you will scan everyone out at the close of the session and then return the scanner to the room monitor session. For that reason CEU certificates for sessions approved for WWW/TCH or CLE will not be available to print until 2 hours after the session.
- Scanning of Attendees who are not receiving CEU’s: Although the scanning of badges is for CEU purposes, the monitor may by mistake scan someone who is not attending for CEU’s. This is not a problem and will not affect the CEU program in any way.
If a monitor believes that their scanner does not work it is the monitor’s responsibility to bring it back to the monitor station and get the issue resolved. If the monitor waits until the end of the session, it will be too late to scan people and no one will receive credit.
- No paper CEU Certificates will be distributed at any League Session. Instead, attendees will have the option to print their certificates at the comfort of their home or office.
- The process is simple, the attendee just logs on to the CEU website (a link to the CEU site will be placed on the 96th Annual Conference Section of the League website closer to the start of the conference) and follow the prompts.
Here is how to print certificates:
After the certificate is printed, the attendee then has the option to return to the main screen and print out another CEU Certificate or log out.
- Attendee logs on to CEU website via the link from the 96th Annual Conference page on the League website.
- Attendee enters their Badge Number (found on their name badge) or Name and Zip Code.
- Attendee then, selects the session for which they wish to print a CEU certificate (please note, sessions only appear for selection after the attendee has attended and been scanned into that session, therefore, if they are not scanned in, they cannot access the session)
- When prompted, the attendee will fill out the standard evaluation form for that session.
- Once the evaluation form is submitted online, the attendee will have the option to print out the certificate.
Click here for the CEU Tracking System