Room Reservation Policy
See Cancellation Dates on Housing Map with Rates above. In cases where the municipality pays for reservations, the municipality will incur this charge for late cancellations.
This is an important procedure designed to reduce the occurrence of double booked rooms and no-show reservations. In recent years, the great number of unnecessary and unused room reservations has caused a false housing shortage during the League Conference. This false shortage has prevented many officials from getting their preferred hotels.
A.C. Central Reservations, Inc., will issue an acknowledgement number that acts as your reservation confirmation. This number will be sent to you either by email, fax, or regular mail, depending on the method that works best for you. When you get your acknowledgement number, do not call the hotel.
Most hotels no longer mail confirmations and the hotels’ reservation systems will not register your information. Your inquiry to them will cause confusion. Your acknowledgement number is your assurance of a room reservation.
Problems arise when people make reservations for more rooms than they need, or cancel room reservations, or don’t show up for their reservations. Thousands of no-shows and cancellations cause the hotels to reduce the number of rooms they make available to the League. That, in turn, means it becomes more difficult for everyone to get reservations in the hotels of their choice.
Room Rate Taxes & Fees
State Room Tax
All Atlantic City hotels’ State Room Tax is 13.875% which is exempt only by voucher.
When reserving a hotel room with a municipal voucher, guests will still be responsible for paying the following fees where applicable.
- Parking Fee: Varies by hotel but should stay constant during the show dates. Most properties are at $5 per night, with Sheraton at $15 self/$25 (plus tax) valet. Tropicana is at $10.
- Phone Fee: For use of the room phone varies, but normally is $.50 per local or 800 call. Tropicana is the only hotel that has an automatic $1 per day fee, which covers unlimited local and 800 calls and is included in their Occupancy Fee.
- State Occupancy Fee: Casinos are $5 nightly; Non-casinos are $1 nightly. These fees are not exempt regardless if you use a voucher or credit card. The State permits hotels to increase this fee and retain the overage.
- Credit Card: A credit card must be presented at check-in even if you are paying by voucher. All hotels require credit or debit card presentation at check in. That card is run for a $100 incidental deposit (room service, phone, parking, etc.), with any amount not used credited back to the card at check out. Borgata’s deposit is $150. Tropicana’s incidental deposit is $50 per day.
- Tropicana will not guarantee your room if arrival is after 10:00 p.m. If you are expected to arrive after that, please contact the hotel and make them aware of your arrival time. For other hotels, please call if your arrival will be after midnight.