March 4, 2009
Re: Important New Information from the Division of Local Government Services
We would like to draw your attention to some important new information on the website of the Division of Local Government Services.
1. CY 2009 Extraordinary Aid Applications. Local Finance Notice 2009-5
(www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/09lfns/2009-5.doc) reviews the application process for CY 2009 Extraordinary Aid applications. The application form is available online and must be submitted to the Division by April 1, 2009. This takes into account the presentation of the Governor's Budget on March 10 and final consideration of the proposed pension deferral soon after.
2. The DCA Landlord-Tenant Information Service is responsible for providing each municipality in the State of New Jersey with Protected Tenancy figures to be used when administering the Senior Citizen and Disabled Protected Tenancy Act (N.J.S.A. 2A:18-61.21 et seq). The 2009 protected tenancy figures are listed on page T-7 and T-8 of the condominium conversion packet which is available online at http://www.nj.gov/dca/codes/lt/table_of_contents.shtml.
3. Certification of Imaging Systems: Does your government agency scan public records? Did you know your imaging systems are required to be certified by the State Division of Archives and Records Management? Start the process at www.njarchives.org/links/imgcertification.html.
4. Software Contract Update: The State of New Jersey has joined the Commonwealth of Massachusetts purchasing cooperative, along with five other states, to leverage its software buying power and achieve significant cost savings for taxpayers. The Division of Purchase and Property has awarded a contract to Dell Marketing, LLP. Please go to www.state.nj.us/treasury/purchase/noa/contracts/m0003.shtml.
5. Important Identity Theft Regulation Information: The State Division of Consumer Affairs has released a "pre-proposal" request for comments on a new Information Technology identify theft rule they are required to adopt under recent State identity theft laws. View the proposal at:
6. The National Women's History Project's (NWHP) 2009 Women's History Month theme is “Women Taking the Lead to Save our Planet”. Please join the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) in honoring the remarkable women that have impacted our history by designating March 2009 as Women's History Month in your municipality. For a "Women's History Month" sample resolution or additional information you can contact Ifeanyi Pole with the New Jersey Division on Women at (609) 292-8840.
7. Women's Celebration Day: The New Jersey State League of Municipalities is proud to announce their FIRST Annual Women's Celebration Day event on March 13, 2009 at the Princeton Marriott Hotel from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. This timely event honors the contributions of women in public service, and it coincides with the celebration of Women's History Month. Our Special Guest Speaker will be the Honorable Christine Todd Whitman, Former Governor of our great State. For more information and registration, go to www.njslom.org/WIMG-invitation.html.
8. The 2009 New Jersey Emergency Preparedness Conference (NJEPC) will be held in Atlantic City at the Tropicana Casino Resort on May 4 - 8, 2009. For complete information, visit the NJ Emergency Preparedness Association's website at www.njepa.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about this communication, please contact Deborah M. Kole, Staff Attorney, at the League, Ex. 137, or at email@example.com
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.