January 25, 2010
Re: Changes to the DLGS Website
The following changes have taken place on the Division of Local Government Services website.
1. The Local Finance Board recently approved the Director's request to modify several statutory budget deadlines in order to accommodate the planned March 16, 2010 presentation of the Governor's budget. The changes modify the statutory dates for introduction and adoption and Mayor/Council Faulkner Act budget transmissions. Details of all extensions, including that of cap referendums are in Local Finance Notice 2010-2 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/10lfns/2010-02.doc).
2. Local Finance Notice 2010-3 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/10lfns/2010-03.doc)
provides "Guidance on Current Issues in Local Government and Board of Education Procurement." This Notice contains important information for contracting units operating under the Local Public Contracts Law and the Public School Contracts Law. It should be carefully reviewed by all staff involved in local procurement policies.
3. Local Finance Notice 2010-1 (www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/10lfns/2010-01.doc)
addresses the annual adjustment to Length of Service Award Programs.
Similar to the change in budget caps, the Consumer Price Index for LOSAP decreased from 2008 to 2009, resulting in no increase in LOSAP CPI based award amounts for 2009 service.
4. 2010 Limits on Bid Acceptance Dates: The Division of Local Government Services has released Local Finance Notice 2009-28 (http://www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfns/09lfns/2009-28.doc). This Notice provides guidance on dates when public bids and competitive contracts cannot be accepted and dates when they can be accepted. Please share this information with anyone in your organization that is involved in preparing bids.
5. NJDARM Computer Training: ARTEMIS RECORDS RETENTION AND DISPOSITION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM training will be held on Friday April 30th, 2010 in the Conference Center at Mercer County College, 1200 Old Trenton Rd., West Windsor, NJ 08550. The morning session will be held from 8:30 - noon and the afternoon session from 12:30 - 4:00. Seating is limited to 22 registrants per session. NJDARM will launch the ARTEMIS system and conduct hands-on training for the submission of requests and authorization for records disposition. CEU's have been approved. Details and Registration are available at www.njslom.org/seminars.html.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.