March 15, 2010
RE: 2010 Census Update-What You Can Do!
During this week, every household in the United States will receive a 2010 Census questionnaire. No doubt there will be many questions about the Census that your residents will have. The New Jersey State Data Center would like you to know that the State of New Jersey has a 2010 Census website for residents to get answers to their questions from a New Jersey source – www.nj.gov/2010Census
If your municipal website does not have a Census webpage for residents to access, we are encouraging you to include our statewide 2010 Census logo and website link on your municipal website’s homepage if possible. The logos can be downloaded from our website at www.nj.gov/2010Census by navigating to the Complete Count Committees page and scrolling to the logo section. The logos can be resized to fit your website. The link to www.nj.gov/2010Census can be placed below the logo or embedded in the logo image.
For more information contact the New Jersey State Data Center at (609) 984-2216 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit our website at http://www.njslom.org/2010_census_main.html for a recap of all the work of our 2010 Census Awareness Committee, and for links to other useful information.
Advantages to linking to www.nj.gov/2010Census include:
- Provide your residents access to information about the 2010 Census from a New Jersey source.
- Short concise information about importance, ease, and safety of completing Census questionnaire. Detailed information and instructions for “Snowbirds”.
- Public information materials include: fact sheets, sample questionnaires – in multiple languages, informational videos and public service announcements.
- Links to Census job information.
- Navigation of website simple and streamlined into three areas: Public Information, Complete Count Committee Support, and Census In Schools.
- Additional information added to site as it becomes available.
- Public information page translated into Spanish with a single mouse click.
- Provides important information to your Spanish speaking residents.
- Downloadable fact sheets translated in Spanish.
- Additional language materials and videos available.
- Provide support for Complete Count Committees operating in your County/Municipality.
- Regional resources not available on federal website:
- Tract level hard to count maps and mail response rates from 2000 Census for counties/municipalities to assist with targeted outreach.
- Additional Spanish translated materials.
- Additional Complete Count Committee resources include: toolkits, fact sheets, drop-in articles, palm cards, crossword puzzle information sheets, videos, newsletters, logos, mailing Inserts and more…
- Help support the statewide 2010 Census promotional campaign for New Jersey.
Thank you for your attention to this crucial matter.
Very truly yours,
William G. Dressel, Jr.